Barrier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Megeflegorf

05-10-2013

Could they maybe add in a feature to make it to where you have to have so many normal wins at level 30 before you can enter ranked? (Might be a stupid idea, but I'm open to any response.)

I've had people on my team recently (I'm silver 4 atm, hopefully silver 3 today which isn't very high at all) who have like 50 normal wins and are doing placements. Some do fine, some not so fine. Just seems like you should have a decent amount of experience before entering ranked.

Puritys Disciple

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megeflegorf View Post
Could they maybe add in a feature to make it to where you have to have so many normal wins at level 30 before you can enter ranked? (Might be a stupid idea, but I'm open to any response.)

I've had people on my team recently (I'm silver 4 atm, hopefully silver 3 today which isn't very high at all) who have like 50 normal wins and are doing placements. Some do fine, some not so fine. Just seems like you should have a decent amount of experience before entering ranked.
It's called being level 30.

But no really, there isn't an issue with inexpereinced people trying to learn where they fall in the ladder. Some people enjoy competing at the lower levels.

Megeflegorf

05-10-2013

I get that they have to get level 30 before they can do ranked but people can get to level thirty doing co-op vs AI/customs though (which I've seen quite a few people do) and then jump into ranked and get roflstomped or just be plain bad and be like 50-100 in normals and ruin some games. Yeah, they'll drop if they're that bad and all and people will get over the loss.

That being said, I think a buffer would still be helpful. Ranked is supposed to be serious/for people who want to win. Not for people who have no runes/awful masteries/very little experience.

Cavo

05-10-2013

Eh, normals can be very strange games. Tbh I'd say the best way to get experience playing the ,eta as a low tier player would be to jump into ranked games and try to get better. yeah it sucks when they're in their placement matches and are therefore playing in games they shouldn't be, but it happens. Just gotta get to a rating where you won;t ever see someone in a placement match.

Megeflegorf

05-10-2013

That's true I suppose. Not everyone can get to a rating high enough to avoid it though. Gold (not sure) plat and diamond and such doesn't have to worry about it I'm assuming but it's still unfortunate when you get a Bronze 5 class player in their placements thrown in with you. Either way it was just a suggestion.