Placement games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zi0nized

05-10-2013

So I hovered in the 1600-1700 ELO in season 2 and I just completed my 10 games of solo queuing and went 6/4 and they put me in silver 1. I know it's not terrible but I wanted to know what you guys experience was with placement because I'm still kind of surprised I wasn't put at least in gold 5. Is there anywhere where this system is more deeply explained than in-game?

Also another question. I know I can drop back to silver 2+, how exactly does this work?

Thanks for the answers!

Tál

05-10-2013

Im not sure how exactly it works for placement after seasons, but i think they put you slightly lower than where you were in terms of ELO/Division

So take off 200ish and and depending on placements thats where you will be.

With demotion if you are on 0 points and lose you will get demoted, unless its your first 3 games in said division in which case they will give you a grace period.

hope this helps

Gabelous

05-10-2013

The system intentionally puts those higher-ELO players near or in the gold tier to earn their place again. Apparently to most it isn't that difficult unless they throw their games.

But you are in Silver, so one word of advice. NEVER tell people when you are doing a promotion series. If the mentality is as bad there as bronze is, people will take any excuse to troll/play bad/throw a game. Tell the 3/4 people you are playing with you are in a promotion series will most likely not end well.

Zi0nized

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabelous View Post
The system intentionally puts those higher-ELO players near or in the gold tier to earn their place again. Apparently to most it isn't that difficult unless they throw their games.

But you are in Silver, so one word of advice. NEVER tell people when you are doing a promotion series. If the mentality is as bad there as bronze is, people will take any excuse to troll/play bad/throw a game. Tell the 3/4 people you are playing with you are in a promotion series will most likely not end well.
That's a pretty good idea... lol.