Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Your top 5 things that win/lose arams.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrosPigeon

05-10-2013

Wins:
1.Playing premade with friends
2.Playing premade with friends
3.Playing premade with friends
4.Playing premade with friends
5.Playing premade with friends

Loses:
1.Solo Queue Matchmaking
2.Solo Queue Matchmaking
3.Solo Queue Matchmaking
4.Solo Queue Matchmaking
5.Solo Queue Matchmaking

Warrrrax

05-10-2013

lol at downvotes on Gros. Like it or not, he's right. A bit snarky but right. :-)
----------

Wins:

1) Someone starting with Emblem and committing to quick Aegis,Bulwark. The HP5 for everyone is so good. 7 HP5 = 84 health per minute to all 5 allies = 420 free health PER MINUTE to the team. Aegis makes it even better. Too bad banner of command sucks so bad...

2) Me getting a key champ. Like if we have 4 squishies and I get Alistar or Taric. We will probably win because I can tank/heal/dmgsoak/support/engage intelligently. Getting Nid/Jayce helps but not as much as getting a key role.

3) Others willing to get Aura items intelligently. An AP who gets Will of Ancients is extremely good. The extremely rare person who gets a Zekes if we have several AD autoattackers. Lots of Lockets.

4) Responds to others plays. I wait for a player to get clear and stun with Taric. Blitz smartly waited for my stun instead of randomly shooting into their creeps. Boom. ez grab FTW. I spam Volley with Ashe. When someone gets slowed, they toss their Binding or whatever, melee guy goes in to make the play.

5) Team starts with Health and Mana regen. Our Morgana with a Chalice,boots,pots? Great. Morgana with a SEEKERS ARM and nothing else? Fail.

Loss:

1) Spear-Eaters. Seriously... they come every 6 seconds or so. They shouldn't be a surprise after the 20th one.

2) Man-Mode melee/tank player. Loves to engage and run out of position, then wonder why we didnt magically move 1500 units to engage with him.

3) Tank who loves going pure AP. Ima rush DEATHCAP on my Alistar so I can deliver DEEPS!

4) Ignores the carry. Dat Malph is at 30% MUST KILL HIM OMG...while ignoring the enemy ADC.

5) Having an ADC with no teamwork and/or vs enemies with high burst or gapclosers. Sure my Trist has 650 range now with IE/PD. Too bad I get silence bounced by Fiddle and their 2 melees jump on me and I die in 1 sec. My allies? Just standing there.

Kholdstare13

05-10-2013

Wins:
1. Focus on beefy itemization across the whole team
2. Sustain/mitigation 1-2 heals and 5 barriers even when the champs don't come with any.
3. Coordinated all-ins
4. Aura items. WotA applies #2 as well. HIGHLY underrated in games I've seen.
5. Communication. From champ select, picking roles, off-builds, offering trades before rerolling, to in-game deciding strategy, focus, who carries what aura, etc.

Loses:
1. Squish
2. 5 flash. It's really not good on this map for a large number of champions. If it synergizes with your champ for a good engage, take it. Otherwise it's a no-no. Get your head out of the Rift.
3. Bad Attitude. "It's just ARAM" is a major offender here.
4. Uncooperative teammates: don't listen to suggestions, don't follow the team for all-ins, etc.
5. Overly passive / lack of focus. When it's Leona or Kog'Maw, these people focus Leona for some unknown reason. Never charge in behind the frontmost enemy champion, never engage when they need to, giving the enemy free poke.

Abeem

05-10-2013

Wins ARAM
1) Tank Kennen (works sooo well, everyone focuses him because they don't know he's the tank) Also...tank Teemo
2) Oracles (if you're playing against a Teemo, Akali, etc)
3) Focusing the carries/squishies
4) Hard initiations
5) Attacking the enemy turret even when there is an enemy champ near by: Focus dem dere turrets!! (then go after the enemies once the turret is down)

Loses ARAM
1) No tank, no one buys tanky items
2) No one initiates, everyone stands in a group under their turret taking poke
3) Focusing the enemy tank (I feel like this is the #1 reason why people lose)
4) Someone rolls the only AP carry and/or only AD carry and/or only tank. Doesn't like their champ. Rerolls without asking anyone to switch.
5) An Ashe who can't land a single arrow on a map where there is a straight line down the middle and the whole team stands in a cluster. (Mostly JK-ing about this one, but I see this happen all the time LOL)

kuroshini

05-10-2013

wins ARAM:
Champs with heals
CC
Ranged

Loses ARAM:
No CC
Melee Champs
playing like derps going 1v5

Basist

05-10-2013

^ Melee champs are terrible? Talon, Fizz, Diana, Jax, Jarvan, Kha'Zix, Panth, Vi, Wukong, Yorick, Zed, and at least a few I'm forgetting can easily disagree. You should just quit playing LoL now since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

kuroshini

05-10-2013

Quote:
Basist:
^ Melee champs are terrible? Talon, Fizz, Diana, Jax, Jarvan, Kha'Zix, Panth, Vi, Wukong, Yorick, Zed, and at least a few I'm forgetting can easily disagree. You should just quit playing LoL now since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

talon, diana, fizz, j4, khaz, panth, vi, yorick, and zed all have ranged attacks. jax has a leap to get in and out of bad situations, wukong has his stealth bs to run away. im talking pure melee like trynd, garen, darius, renekton, etc. who are pure melee. they can't do **** in the beginning of the game. they have to have a decent build to even get near and attack.

kuroshini

05-10-2013

and freakin anivia is pure op in ARAM

Basist

05-10-2013

Quote:
kuroshini:
garen, darius, renekton,

I don't know if you know, but if any of those 3 get their abilities off on most of their team like Garen's full duration E, Darius pull+Q, or Ren's fury empowered Q that's some pretty hefty damage early on....especially if it's a level 3 team fight. And to top if it off if Darius pulls at least 3 people in one spot that can very easily setup a double or triple kill with certain champs.

Controller

05-10-2013

Quote:
GrosPigeon:
Wins:
1.Playing premade with friends
2.Playing premade with friends
3.Playing premade with friends
4.Playing premade with friends
5.Playing premade with friends

Loses:
1.Solo Queue Matchmaking
2.Solo Queue Matchmaking
3.Solo Queue Matchmaking
4.Solo Queue Matchmaking
5.Solo Queue Matchmaking

I have had the complete opposite effect for some reason, anytime I duo or trio queue with my friends the two-three other people either have an afk, leaver or feeder... every game. Solo works just fine for some reason.