Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Your top 5 things that win/lose arams.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belrick

05-09-2013

Wins aram?
Having a balanced team while the other players do not.

Guaranteed win.
Champs should be random, not team composition.

had one game, 3 supports (nunu and lulu 2 of them...) and 2 tanks. gg before begun.

Belrick

05-09-2013

trist is just one of many underpowered champs, sucks to have her in your team.

Ranged bonus comes too late
Rocket jump is the biggest pile of poo excuse for an escape
Too squishy

QETCMMMover

05-09-2013

Quote:
Basist:
Unless you have a good aoe disable on your team, it's never smart to jump on more than 2 people at once with AP Trist....that's just asking to be facerolled.

Btw I play AD champs who have majority magic damage abilities with dual pen so I don't have much of an issue with item pathing. Come at me.

jumping into 2 people and actually damaging them with the jump at once with ap trist without an aoe disable is impossibru because of the windup and of course its going to put you in danger vs more than 2 people, so basically she has to put herself in danger to bring down a team and can only safely take down a single person, guess who takes out the majority of people, not trist.

Her only 'spamable' ranged skill e is a terrible poke vs actual pokers because even if the level 18 range seems legit it also has terrible windup and cooldown

Unless both comps are real real specific, ap tristana gets carried 99% of the time, and you can't even see the enemy comp until after you've chosen your runes masteries and spells.

the only real ad carries who does a lot of magic damage even when built ad is corki and i guess ezreal, maybe kog but he should be ap anyway on this map. Ad tristana is probably not going to do enough magic damage to warrant hybrid pen.

Aamon2500

05-09-2013

I can think of only one atm. STOP EATING NIDALEE SPEARS.

Zdravko TERA

05-10-2013

Annie wins Aram, mega poke and instant full minion clears.

What losses arams for me is getting a team with no poke and people who charge in to feed.

RyoNeSs

05-10-2013

I got just 1 STOP STaying in lane with 20 hp after you kill a tower just die so you can buy and defend the push back. Your absolutely useless with that much health who cares if the get a kill have you seen the ending kills in a Aram game. O and hi I'm morgana stop fighting when my ults down ty.

0Relm0

05-10-2013

Annie actually has very little poke, she's way too short range to poke effectively against anybody else with a ranged spell.

bluefall

05-10-2013

A few things that help win/lose ARAMs (not necessarilly in order of importance):

1. Team comps with superior poke. Number one win factor of ARAM in my opinion. Usually the team with the most poke wins, especially if the enemy team has no sustain or support to help mitigate the damage. You can still win if your team is out poked, but usually a team with overwhelming poke ends the game early. You're fighting an uphill battle all game.

2. Having champs that can force an engage (tanks usually, but other nontanks can do it in a pinch). If you have a squishy team it's hard to find engage opportunities if both teams are at full HP. Especially if you don't have much CC. Generally you have to try and poke the enemy team down so that you have a health advantage, or try to catch someone out of position and kill them off so you can have an uneven teamfight. Having champs that can initiate can prevent the enemy team from stopping your momentum and catching up to yours in gold and items and allow you to keep pushing towards victory.

3. Having champs with sustain or damage mitigation isn't necessary, but it's easier to win a team fight if you're at full health. If your team is out poking the enemy team you probably don't need it since you'll probably be taking less damage. Also it's generally better to die in a fight than to escape with low hp since you'll come back stronger and it'll making engaging in the next fight easier.

4.CC, especially hard CC like stuns and taunts, wins fights. A CC heavy team comp can also help with initiating a fight when you lack a tank or a bruiser that can run in and start the party.

5. Support champs. Having too many might gimp your damage, especially if the enemy team is bulky and you don't have an ADC, but supports can really change the game. Janna and Nami ults can reverse the momentum of a team fight while champs like Lulu and Taric can help keep your big damage dealers alive.

6. AOE. Doesn't always swing things in your favor, but an AOE heavy team that gets a good engage can melt the enemy team in a fight very quickly.

Things that can lose you the game:

1. Having no harass. If you've ever found yourself on an all melee team against a poke heavy team you know the truth of this. It's not an automatic loss, but a team without harass generally finds themselves going into fights with lower health and having a harder time finding opportunities to engage. You also generally end up being at a gold disadvantage because you'll inevitably have deaths from all the poke. Usually the enemy team steamrolls you, but if you can hold and play catch up you can win. you just have to know when to be aggressive.Fight when you're at full and look for good opportunities to get into a fight. If you sit back you'll get harassed into near death then aced when the enemy decides to dive you. Wait for ults or wait to go in as a team, but a team with no harass or an all melee team generally has to go all in when they fight.

2. Suiciding when you can push a tower. This happens way too often. If you don't die, you don't buy and not giving the enemy team a kill helps keep you ahead of theirs. But I've seen an enemy team ace us and then run past our outer tower to kill themselves (since the first tower is hitting creeps) when they could have easily taken one or two towers before we respawned. If you're low on HP, go for it, but don't suicide when you could get a tower. Or at least die hitting a tower so it's worth something. I've won games I should have lost because the enemy team kept killing themselves after winning a fight.

3. Grabbing the health so an enemy doesn't get it. Generally it's a good idea, but if you're running away and it's going to slow you down do not change course and go for it. I've seen so many people die because they changed course to grab the health and it let the enemies chasing them get into range. I've lost games because a champ at full health got caught going for the enemy health runes and then we couldn't hold until the rest of the team respawned. Don't do it.

4. Don't forget about Hextech Sweeper or Lightbringer. The trap detection can really help against a team with an AP Teemo or Shaco and the AOE reveal can scout bushes without walking into them or reveal stealth champs like Twitch and Akali when you don't have an oracles. Not always a good buy, but they can make it a lot easier on your team. There are better damage items you can buy, but the utility these items offer is amazing. Don't forget they exist and buy them if you' need them. they're situational, but they can counter certain champs amazingly well.

Theungry

05-10-2013

Wins:
Hard CC
Turret Pressure
Teamwork
Sustain
Stacking Ults

Loses:
No one builds a Runic Bulwark
No hard CC
lack of a front line/peel
impatience/unproductive aggression
bad itemization

LrdVprScrpn

05-10-2013

Wins:
Having a tank
Supporting the tank
Building a Runic
Adjusting your items to the team you are facing and not your favorite build
Let your carries get the kills. (This is huge. Tanks/bruisers who build damage and take kills early game screw their team hard.)

Loses:
No tank.
Not supporting the tank.
Focusing the enemy's tank.
Diving for the health relic at stupid times.
Not pushing towers when you have the advantage.