Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Your top 5 things that win/lose arams.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W3rDGotMilk

05-09-2013

Honestly making this to blow off some frustration but would be a good thing for new players (everyone) to review.

Wins arams:
1. Tanks
2. Sustain
3. Heimerdinger
4. Focusing the carries
5. Killing the other teams nexus first

Loses arams:
1. "Tanks" trying to carry
2. Weak front line
3. AP Nasus
4. Spear eating
5. "Lol its just aram"

Share your findings. Beware though, If you put up a big list of things easily countered you are going be laughed at. I'm talking Yi, Nid, Lux, the typical stuff posted on this forum hourly.

ArcticSirius

05-09-2013

I can't come up with 5, but I can say one thing. The more range you have, like two ADCs, the better the chance of winning. or at least in my experience >_>

QETCMMMover

05-09-2013

wins arams:
1. killing the goddamn nexus&turrets instead of diving the nexus turret
2. mega minion clear that doubles as poke
3. skillz
4. runic bulwark
5. knowing how to push when possible instead of letting enemies get to more powerful late game

loses arams
1. ap tristana on your team
2. ap characters trying to be ad/bad builds
3. not peeling for carries
4. starting bad fights especially 3v5s
5. ap tristana on your team

Zupekadia

05-09-2013

Wins Arams
1. Teamwork
2. Counter building
3. Runic
4. Sustain
5. Playing for the team

Loses ARAM:

1. No teamwork
2. Everyone building glass cannon
3. No communication
4. Insulting teammates/being a jerk
5. Too much CC on other team

Elzilcho1000

05-09-2013

In no particular order:

Wins:
- AP Yi (double Penta!)
- AP Sona (4v5 - win: 94 to 56)
- AP Kog
- Blitz grab
- Initiating when everyone is there and ready

Loses:
- AD Yi (or re-rolling Yi!!!)
- No tank/initiator (or tank not building tanky)
- Building armor against all AP (or MR against all AD)
- AFKers
- Running in one at a time

Edit: I had to put Yi in there. He's just way to fun and is harder to counter when it's random. I agree that Lux and Nid good but not that hard to deal with though.

Basist

05-09-2013

Quote:
QETCMMMover:

loses arams
1. ap tristana on your team
2. ap characters trying to be ad/bad builds
3. not peeling for carries
4. starting bad fights especially 3v5s
5. ap tristana on your team

Sorry if you've only ran into terrible AP Trist players, but there are more than a few team matchups where she is an absolute terror to fight against.

Eddy01741

05-09-2013

Quote:
ArcticSirius:
I can't come up with 5, but I can say one thing. The more range you have, like two ADCs, the better the chance of winning. or at least in my experience >_>

What??????

Two ad carries is one (possibly two) too many.

Having all ranged is almost always bad, unless you face a team which is 5 melee, which is even worse.

Anyways, my top 5s:

Winning:
-Avoiding needless poke (not that hard.... stay behind minions, be not-stupid and dodge slow moving projectiles like TF wild cards, etc)
-Buying auras (bulwark always, abyssal if your team and/or their team is magic heavy, frozen heart sometmes, etc.)
-Knowing when to suicide late game so you don't get on the wrong end of a gimped teamfight (5v5 where 3 of your team is at 20% health 30 mins into the game)
-Itemizing for the proper amount of farm and role which you should be playing (i.e. if heimer and yi are on your team you won't be getting much farm at all, so adjust build accordingly)
-Countering the enemy (buying the right items, saving stuns for reset champions, etc.)

Obviously being more skilled helps you win, but that's a given. A bunch of diamonds with the worst possible ARAM team possible will beat a bunch of bronze scrubs with the best ARAM team possible 99 times out of 100.

Losing:
-Getting poked for no reason
-Not countering the enemy
-Blaming your team
-Not understanding teamfight dynamics (you have fed carry->peel for them, they have fed carry->dive carry, etc.)
-Diving the fountain when you can win

PHoToS999

05-09-2013

Wins:
1. Teamwork
2. Communication
3. Peeling for the ADC
4. Epic supports
5. Yordles.

Loses:
5. Arrogance
4. Not listening to your teammates
3. Initiation happy tanks.
2. Adcs gone MANMODE (excluding Teemo)
1. Lag.

QETCMMMover

05-09-2013

Quote:
Basist:
Sorry if you've only ran into terrible AP Trist players, but there are more than a few team matchups where she is an absolute terror to fight against.

Even if you knew the enemy comp, which you can't in the new aram queue ofc, ad is going to work a lot better the majority of the time and without being as reliant on teammates for grouped up rocket jumps.

Basist

05-09-2013

Quote:
QETCMMMover:
Even if you knew the enemy comp, which you can't in the new aram queue ofc, ad is going to work a lot better the majority of the time and without being as reliant on teammates for grouped up rocket jumps.

Unless you have a good aoe disable on your team, it's never smart to jump on more than 2 people at once with AP Trist....that's just asking to be facerolled.

Btw I play AD champs who have majority magic damage abilities with dual pen so I don't have much of an issue with item pathing. Come at me.