Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE - Sign up Mechanism should be redisigned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astral Cardbox

05-09-2013

I understand why Riot needs to keep the PBE community small, from feedback-overload to server-saturation.
Also, there is the issue that PBE provides for "free" what Riot wants player to buy in first place, thus endangering it's only source of income.
So it's clear you need to implement some sort of "filtering process" ....

However, the current "sign-up system" is extremely unfair and shallow.
It is basically a "Gambling game", you have to be lucky enough to check the register page during the few hours it's opens in 3/6 months.
Even the PBE community does seem a bit unhappy with it (http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/f/2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651/d/A6C28D2F095DB73F105D1B3CD30386864E6D77FF).

Besides chance doesn't do decent job as a filter.
When you lurk about the PBE community you will hear that there are a sizable amount of trolls on the PBE, and who-knows-how-many inactive account. Combine that with the fact that some player have little knowledge of the game. All these things makes the whole issue really problematic.

I know you are busy with other important things, but please, take a good look at this.
PBE is a brilliant idea to get feedback, but it hinders the whole process if many of the people willing to create said feedback are left outside for no good reason.
This becomes particularly troublesome when you consider that feedback outside-PBE is sparsely taken into consideration.

UnknownLifestyle

05-09-2013

Quote:
Astral Cardbox:
I understand why Riot needs to keep the PBE community small, from feedback-overload to server-saturation.
Also, there is the issue that PBE provides for "free" what Riot wants player to buy in first place, thus endangering it's only source of income.
So it's clear you need to implement some sort of "filtering process" ....

However, the current "sign-up system" is extremely unfair and shallow.
It is basically a "Gambling game", you have to be lucky enough to check the register page during the few hours it's opens in 3/6 months.
Even the PBE community does seem a bit unhappy with it (http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/f/2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651/d/A6C28D2F095DB73F105D1B3CD30386864E6D77FF).

Besides chance doesn't do decent job as a filter.
When you lurk about the PBE community you will hear that there are a sizable amount of trolls on the PBE, and who-knows-how-many inactive account. Combine that with the fact that some player have little knowledge of the game. All these things makes the whole issue really problematic.

I know you are busy with other important things, but please, take a good look at this.
PBE is a brilliant idea to get feedback, but it hinders the whole process if many of the people willing to create said feedback are left outside for no good reason.
This becomes particularly troublesome when you consider that feedback outside-PBE is sparsely taken into consideration.

I do support this on many levels as I feel alot of people joining PBE, Aren't exactly testing all the time, maybe there should be a rolls called 'Testers' 'Public' Since I do dislike all the trolling that goes on when trying to test a bug I have to gather a group of people to re in act a bug/glitch

Astral Cardbox

05-09-2013

Quote:
VashT3hStampede:
I do support this on many levels
Thanks for the reply, it's good reassuring seeing someone inside the PBE agreeing with my point of view. All it lacked was a 'Thum up'. : p

Quote:
VashT3hStampede:
I feel alot of people joining PBE, Aren't exactly testing all the time, maybe there should be a rolls called 'Testers' 'Public' Since I do dislike all the trolling that goes on when trying to test a bug I have to gather a group of people to re in act a bug/glitch
Riot should try different ways to encourage bug finding, like adding a community score in which the best players are rewarded. (kind of similar to their "honor initiative&quot

I believe that's what they tried to achieve with their 'huntsmen' initiative. (it doesn't look very promising though)

Another option is making PBE-access something that's not always available for every account. You may be able to log in with your account 15/20 hours per week.
Thus, people who never log in or get reported for trolling would have a lot less time per week. It could work as a natural filter.On the other hand, people who contributes and get honors during their plays should get more hours weekly, allowing the real useful players to keep on going.