Thoughts on Leona/Rework Proposal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhyperius

05-09-2013

I know a lot of people believe Leona to be doomed to forever support/tank, but I for one believe that with the right TLC she can be more than that..

From a lore standpoint, her role is the defender. I love that about her, but more than anything else, I feel she should also be able to defend herself effectively from threats like Her lore-found rival Diana, who she otherwise could never go toe-to-toe with. Leona is nothing without her allies, and for being so protective of everyone, I feel it's rather lame she can't really even protect herself.

These are my thoughts for a rework;

Make her shield a toggle, based on the amount of damage taken while the shield is active, she will then deal 15/25/35/45/50% of that damage back to the opponent all at once. This prevents her from being a truly aggressive contender, while still giving her the ability to deal damage to anyone asking for it. It also will punish over aggressive players, while encouraging Leona to stay in the fray. I hear a lot of people say that Leona falls off late game, which is another reason I feel that giving her shield a 'turn the tides of battle' burst at higher levels could benefit her kit.

I'd also love to see her Ult become global; given it's long cooldown, and relatively low power, it's ability to stun and slow foes can save allies from afar, attributing to her role as protector of the sun.

((I posted this in the General Discussion forum, only for it to be dragged into the undertows within minutes, I assume that's a result of heavy traffic surrounding the forum of course. Given the nature of the post, it may actually be more suited for this section anyways..))

Swee

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyperius View Post
I'd also love to see her Ult become global
Riot pls

PapstJL4U

05-10-2013

not sure if serious oO

Yhufir

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapstJL4U View Post
not sure if serious oO
Me either...

So you want Ashe's ult without having to use a skill shot to get it? That seems a little overpowered, if you ask me.

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-10-2013

you'd think leona's ult would do something glabally like reveal all champs or maybe it could be a global lazer from space that travels across the map burning and stunning things in its path

Keitterman

05-10-2013

Leona is a fine-tuned machine that I feel should stay the way she is.

She can in fact take on Diana toe-to-toe, just not when she's playing as a support/tank, and she shouldn't unless Diana was also built support/tank, which she won't. You have to understand that, you want her to move out of her role, but you never actually moved her out of her role.

She should be able to defend everyone and herself such that she can win someone 1v1? so... she would be banned every game.

Before coming on here and saying "she can't she can't she can't", try doing it, because she can:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3325488

Also, her ult is perfect the way it is because the range restriction is actually helping you a lot more than you know. The range on it is such that a target you hit will be in range for your E so you can follow up with a Q, all of her abilities actually make for a well orchestrated flow from one to the next with aa's in the mix.

Understanding the flow of her abilities will allow you to maximize her damage potential when using a damage build. Spellsword procs and maximizing the DoT from spirit stone of the elder lizard will equate to a lot more damage than you realize, or more importantly, than your opponent will realize.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

So you want a tank...to have more damage, while not giving up her personal defense? That does not feel balanced.

All tanks (except Rammus, OK?) are supposed to die to a carry if they are caught without their allies. That's the way it works.
Leona actually has the highest up time on her mitigation steroid. That makes her incredibly strong already. My only problem with her is Zenith Blade kinda looks like ****...