Karma - New Passive Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpaghettiCatt

05-09-2013

First of all, I think it's really exciting to see a lot of people excited about Karma in this forum. As of right now, I love her new rework and the slight buffs she has received in 3.6. Unfortunately, I still don't see her as that strong of an AP mid. She can do some Q poking, but she cannot get to the back line to try and burst anyone down. Even if she tries, it takes a long time to proc her W stun to make it worth R+Q'ing to finish.

I do think that she makes a decent support. Her shield is great for ADC escapes/dives, her stun works well at early levels, and her Q can poke pretty well while being easy to spam in bot lane.

There have been suggestions that her passive (Gathering Fire) really should be included with her R ability. I think this is a good suggestion because the cooldown of Mantra is so short already and she's designed to stay in the back so much that it doesn't make much of an impact on how she is played.

I think what would really help get Karma played more would be a global passive.

It fits her lore/background:

Quote:
Karma is a woman of indomitable will and unbound spiritual power. She is the soul of Ionia made manifest and an inspiring presence on the battlefield, shielding her allies and turning back her foes.
She needs an inspiring presence on the battlefield - the WHOLE battlefield.

Giving her some kind of global resist presence like 5 armor or 5 MR or some other global passive I think would be enough benefit to a team, especially in early levels, that she would be much more likely to be played.

This is just a suggestion. I know that a lot of people already think the new Karma is fine, but I would really love to see her play rate and win rate get a slight bump, and I think this would help without making her overpowered.