Changes to Fiora to make her feel more like a duelist.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atolegit

05-09-2013

Outside her ultimate i feel like she is very useless, and her ult isn't even strong unless she gets farmed. Anyway I thought of some potential buffs to help her early game and bring up her usefulness. Also she is a dualist I feel like her kit should focus more around getting benefits by sticking onto one target.

Passive : Everytime Fiora consecutively attacks a target her damage is increased on that target by 2%/3%/4%/5%, this can stack 3 times.

I find her currant passive very lackluster and it doesn't really fit with what she is, a duelist. This passive fits her kit a lot better.

Lunge: Kept the same, except a slow is added. Most other melee ADC's have some way to stick with their target(GP Passive, Trynd E), and this is something she lacks. Fiora needs to able to stick to her to target to maximize damage but she has no good of doing it unless she buys Phage. Also a reduction to its CD would be nice as well. Maybe 2 seconds each rank.

Riposte: Kept the same, except I think it should block on hit effects, or things that enhance someones basic attack (ex: Jax's Empower, Red Buff, Frozen Mallet Slow, etc)

Burst of Speed: If kept the same reduce the CD by a second each rank or, every time she attacks a target the duration is increased by 1 second up to 3 more seconds. I like the second option better, it fits her kill more and it means more damage if she sticks to a single target

Blade Waltz: Kept the same, I really love this skill and it fits her well.

With these changed it will mean that sticking to a single target will mean that she will do the most damage, which is what being a duelist is all about. This will help out her early game, since she is countered by mostly everyone and it can make her jungle a bit more viable since she will some CC to aid her in ganking.

Hippy Weatherman

05-09-2013

Passive: Her current passive is good, but it should be able to stack

Lunge: Now Fiora can dash to ally targets

Riposte: Same as what you wrote

Burst of Speed: Now gains instant movement speed after cast instead of after hitting an enemy

Blade Waltz: Fix the bug where enemies walk into brushes will interupt the skill

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-09-2013

statistically speaking a larger cupsize could make her viable

Junkie Cosmonaut

05-09-2013

Her passive lets her sustain in lane to compensate for her fragility. It also makes enemies think twice before starting a pissing match with her because her sustain will only get better once they start duking it out.

Lunge is a poking tool. Learn that. Lunge in, riposte and a few auto's, lunge out via minions. Easy in and out with so little retaliation, HER PASSIVE HEALS IT BACK UP. Wow it's like that's how she's supposed to be played...

Riposte negates a lot of "on attack" abilities already, kinda like Jax. It's powerful enough as is and changing it would mean that Jax would get a buff (and we don't want that now do we?) besides, you negate a majority of the damage with still being close enough to autoattack the enemy to PASSIVELY HEAL IT BACK. Wow that passive of hers sure is helpful huh?

And judging by the next ability you can't read so let me refresh your memory.

Quote:
(Active): Fiora gains additional Attack Speed for 3 seconds. Each basic attack or Lunge she lands during this time increases her Movement Speed for 3 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown on Burst of Speed. Assists reduce the cooldown by half of the base amount.
GTFO my Rift summoner, there's an arena full of bots for you to practice on still.

Atolegit

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsleet32 View Post
Passive: Her current passive is good, but it should be able to stack

Lunge: Now Fiora can dash to ally targets

Riposte: Same as what you wrote

Burst of Speed: Now gains instant movement speed after cast instead of after hitting an enemy

Blade Waltz: Fix the bug where enemies walk into brushes will interrupt the skill
Do you mean her passive can stack on minions, it currently does stack up to 4 times if you attack a champion.

Atolegit

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzmium View Post
Her passive lets her sustain in lane to compensate for her fragility. It also makes enemies think twice before starting a pissing match with her because her sustain will only get better once they start duking it out.

Lunge is a poking tool. Learn that. Lunge in, riposte and a few auto's, lunge out via minions. Easy in and out with so little retaliation, HER PASSIVE HEALS IT BACK UP. Wow it's like that's how she's supposed to be played...

Riposte negates a lot of "on attack" abilities already, kinda like Jax. It's powerful enough as is and changing it would mean that Jax would get a buff (and we don't want that now do we?) besides, you negate a majority of the damage with still being close enough to autoattack the enemy to PASSIVELY HEAL IT BACK. Wow that passive of hers sure is helpful huh?

GTFO my Rift summoner, there's an arena full of bots for you to practice on still.
Here passive is completely useless outside of lane phase. At level one it heals what 32 hp over 6 seconds, that's 5 hp a second. That's good but it doesn't help her in a straight out fight, it only helps her if she quickly harasses and escapes. My idea for her new passive, would make her early lane phase have less sustain but it scales a lot better during all times of the game and would be useful in long fights.

How would Jax get a buff? They wouldn't change Jax because she got a buff on riposte. Lets compare the abilites Jax can dodge ALL basic attacks for up to 2 seconds that ends in an aoe stun, she can block one attack every few seconds.

Also i said that attacking increases the overall duration, currently if you attack it increases the movement speed. Yeah argument invalid.

Mith Knite

05-10-2013

Riposte is useless, why would you want to keep that?

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith Knite View Post
Riposte is useless, why would you want to keep that?
because it isnt useless

its best not to completely dismiss it.

67chrome

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzmium View Post

Fiora has lower than average HP/5 regeneration to compensate for her passive - she needs to roll with one stack of her passive for most of the time to even match the base regeneration of most top-lane champions, let alone compete with their respective forms of sustain. Sustain most of them haven't had to pay a tax with their base stats to gain. Darius gets more sustain than Fiora with 1 stack of duelist, and he doesn't need to hit anything. Not to mention Volibear, Dr. Mundo, Garen, Xin'Zhao, Irelia, and even Olaf and Kha'Zix have better sustain. Even the other 3 melee carries, Gangplank, Tryndamere, and Master Yi have better sustain than Fiora. With 2 of those 3, it's good enough to actually build full AP to exploit. Even if you count sudo-melee carries like Sion, Xin'Zhao, and Irelia - they tend to have better sustain than Fiora.

As for her passive helping her out - she needs to deal sustained damage for it to stack 4 times, were most top-lane champions focus on a burst and disengage form of harass until they can burst+auto+burst kill their opponent. Fiora also needs to stack it 4 times to get anything meaningful out of it - which she can only stack against champions, which severely limits her capacity to jungle (unlike all the above listed champions, who's sustain works just as well against jungle mobs).

If Fiora's passive isn't the worst one in the game, it's in the bottom 10. Which generally undermines most of your arguments on her, as her passive does nothing to help her. She doesn't even heal much from it - even if you only take one auto-attack to the face when you lunge+auto+riposte+auto+lunge out, it restores half the damage taken at best. Most of the times you get hit with an auto+ability+re-set when you try anything against a competent top-lanner though, and if you try sticking to them basically all of them have some form of nasty CC.

Your comment on Jax makes absolutely no sense. The only thing Riposte blocks is one auto-attack, not multiple attacks. It doesn't even block on-hit effects or do anything against abilities whatsoever, with the sole exception of abilities that masquerade as auto-attacks that apply on-hit effects instead of spell-hit things like Rylie's. It's can't even block turret shots like Pantheon's passive can. How is Fiora blocking on-hit effects a buff to Jax? Jax already blocks multiple auto-attacks and their associated on-hit effects while taking reduced AoE damage. Best-case Scenario for Fiora is that she blocked a rival Fiora's Blade Waltz, other than that Parrrley or Siphoning Strike, as literally the only thing those abilities do is damage.

Aroph

05-10-2013

Make anyone who got parried by Fiora's Riposte lose 50% attack speed(maybe that's too drastic... but it IS only a single target ability.)