The amount of Riot activity in champion feedback is unacceptable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***eyyBee View Post
Ok so it seems that you guys are mostly making the argument that most posts are just meaningless QQ and if you actually did read my post then you would saw that I have definitely addressed that. I'm not expecting red responses on those, just on legitimate questions and proposals which shouldn't be too much to ask. And if the same QQ topic is being brought up over and over again then why shouldn't that deserve a response either?
Exactly... And they have already proven they read the threads and answer all those EXACT kinds of threads and questions on GD, even the common QQ stuff... just for some reason they never talk here, where they actually direct people... It's just kind of silly for them to claim that devs frequent this forum and answer questions, and to direct people HERE for feedback, when you are lucky to see one Red post every 2 months in here, while they answer every stupid question in GD over and over... saying they don't have time to look at or talk in this forum is silly when you have Riot claiming specifically that it is part of their job.

I think it IS more like they just send people to this forum to vent to each other and answer each other more than anything, like an above poster said... They may read them to see how the community feels as a whole, and what higher level players are saying, but probably figure the community answers most of these questions to each other well enough. Anything they are willing to talk about they seem to talk about only in their casual sessions in GD, or tweets or blogs or whatever... and the more knowledgeable players here relay it for them anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
Exactly... And they have already proven they read the threads and answer all those EXACT kinds of threads and questions on GD, even the common QQ stuff... just for some reason they never talk here, where they actually direct people... It's just kind of silly for them to claim that devs frequent this forum and answer questions, and to direct people HERE for feedback, when you are lucky to see one Red post every 2 months in here, while they answer every stupid question in GD over and over... saying they don't have time to look at or talk in this forum is silly when you have Riot claiming specifically that it is part of their job.

I think it IS more like they just send people to this forum to vent to each other and answer each other more than anything, like an above poster said... They may read them to see how the community feels as a whole, and what higher level players are saying, but probably figure the community answers most of these questions to each other well enough. Anything they are willing to talk about they seem to talk about only in their casual sessions in GD, or tweets or blogs or whatever... and the more knowledgeable players here relay it for them anyway.
when they want to speak to us for realz they go to reddit, facebook, and twitter :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Something Blue

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
Literally Zero? I get the feeling you're new here if you think that, there have been many times that large/pretinent topics have gotten responses from Red posters, both Devs and regular feedback collectors in this forum and in Item, etc. I also get the feeling you didn't read past my stating I disagree. People's jobs aren't to respond, but to collect feedback and respond if necessary/they have anything relevant they're clear to release (and that particular thread is getting enough traffick to be worth posting there instead of in General).

We get the occasional post, so I don't understand why you're complaining when you have what you want.
My definition of occasional is about once a week or so. I think that is very reasonable and isn't something that by no means should be of any concern. When I said "literally zero" it was of course a bit of an exaggeration but i felt like I should say it just because I am so unsatisfied with the amount of riot activity and to me, its like zero. I have no idea why you find it sufficient to have a red post about every 3-5 months, maybe ? And that's being generous. I have no idea why your disagreeing with me on this, it just seems like you are looking for someone to argue with. Sure you do present a good argument but I absolutley can't find a reason for you to be disagreeing with me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***eyyBee View Post
My definition of occasional is about once a week or so. I think that is very reasonable and isn't something that by no means should be of any concern. When I said "literally zero" it was of course a bit of an exaggeration but i felt like I should say it just because I am so unsatisfied with the amount of riot activity and to me, its like zero. I have no idea why you find it sufficient to have a red post about every 3-5 months, maybe ? And that's being generous. I have no idea why your disagreeing with me on this, it just seems like you are looking for someone to argue with. Sure you do present a good argument but I absolutley can't find a reason for you to be disagreeing with me
I think what they do is check at a certain time and if theres nothing worth answering they dont. Try talking about your concerns regarding the new champ who's sickening name spelling shall not be utterd


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute 42

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Cereal, I have a mission for you! Find the last time a red posted in Champion Feedback. If you succeed, I will make a paint drawing of Ahri for you and post it under the proof of your success.

My bet is 8 months ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

k518

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Riot abandoned this section of the forum when it became nothing more than a whiny cesspit


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnack

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***eyyBee View Post
but we deserve as bratlings who feel that we are entitled to the attention of people who are regularly berated here and who have other more productive places to post the full attention of said same because...um...well...uh...because all those Nerf Darius threads won;t read themselves and I need validation damn it!
Fixed it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onegarion

Senior Member

05-09-2013

I'm in consensus with all who say that all those complaining ruin this thread. I live more on the forums than in games at the moment and I hate looking through all of these. Here are a few reasons I think Riot doesn't post here and they are in no particular order:

1) We players are just as "smart" as Riot. When someone comes to complain we pretty much shoot them down and correct their error. I think the only threads I see most people agree with is Master Yi, but that is a different discussion. We answer others questions enough that Riot would just quote others and be like "What _______ said." Is it worth then saying that? Why it may be nice its really pointless.

2) All those that complain. I mean really? I've made a post about what you need to think about before you scream OP and I bet others have to. Its hard to get off the first page without seeing at least 5 threads screaming that a champ is OP. When your title talks has OP in it most people read it just to shut you up.

3) People aren't posting in the right threads. I've seen threads about skins that aren't real and all they do is offer new ideas. I mean wrong thread and Riot skips over it while its here. There are other threads that I look at and go really? One about the sexiest female champ. Is that feedback or GD? So if we condensed our useless threads (not that its a terrible amount) maybe Riot would venture here themselves more.

I'm thinking Riot needs to get some Pins on this thread from them or from posts they like for new comers to read before they spam the forum with complaining and uselessness. I know not everyone will read them, but it can cut down a little bit. Even if they had a thread for just Riot and let them post updates that all they ahve to do is copy and paste from GD. I mean since i only sit in this forum and I bet a number of others do too. It just helps those that come here to complain and can be stopped if they could see the solution coming and not complain about the old.

Lets look at ourselves before we complain to Riot about not showing their faces in a forum of complaints. I mean it can get pretty depressing. What if you had people complaining about everything you've done with your job. I mean everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z0nne

Senior Member

05-09-2013

If Riot made the game and they can't balance it i doubt they will listen to other people for advise

@HoneyBee
I don't think they want to talk to us about their intentions because they just take a trial and error approach , is not really a science, is more like nerf, nerf, nerf, (broken), buff / rework; plus if they told us what they where doing and then changed their mind or tried something else they would take a lot of flaming from the community