The amount of Riot activity in champion feedback is unacceptable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yhufir

Senior Member

05-09-2013

I think I see both sides of the argument here. People get worked up about about nothing; people make baseless accusations and illogical (if even intelligible) arguments; topics get hijacked; players answer other players questions without the need for intervention from reds. A healthy number of questions I see in here are things that should be taken to technical support.

What I dont get is that, in the span that I've been using this forum (about 6 months), I've yet to see a single red post in here. Not a "yes", or a "no", or even a "maybe so".

Honestly, I could care less about Darius, Teemo, Heimer, etc. It's champs like Ashe that frustrate me. I've started and responded to a dozen posts about her. It appears that WELL over 75% of the community agrees she's outdated and outclassed. And we're not even getting a simple, "We're not focusing on ADCs right now", or "Yes, we noticed you all agree her passive sucks, but it's going to take a while before we can get to her." I'd settle for a "No." just to feel acknowledged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhufir View Post
I think I see both sides of the argument here. People get worked up about about nothing; people make baseless accusations and illogical (if even intelligible) arguments; topics get hijacked; players answer other players questions without the need for intervention from reds. A healthy number of questions I see in here are things that should be taken to technical support.

What I dont get is that, in the span that I've been using this forum (about 6 months), I've yet to see a single red post in here. Not a "yes", or a "no", or even a "maybe so".

Honestly, I could care less about Darius, Teemo, Heimer, etc. It's champs like Ashe that frustrate me. I've started and responded to a dozen posts about her. It appears that WELL over 75% of the community agrees she's outdated and outclassed. And we're not even getting a simple, "We're not focusing on ADCs right now", or "Yes, we noticed you all agree her passive sucks, but it's going to take a while before we can get to her." I'd settle for a "No." just to feel acknowledged.
That's all I'm saying... they don't answer or acknowledge ANYTHING in here... not even occasionally... Even the dead horse subjects like Teemo or Heimer or Darius or whatever, Reds will still talk about in GD every now and then... It's kind of ridiculous that you have to go out of the Champion Feedback Forum and into General Discussion, to see ANY posts by reds talking or answering any questions or feedback about champions... and they really do answer a lot of threads there... I think I even saw recent red posts about Ashe's current state in there... (If I recall properly, they think she's not in that bad of a spot... you do still see them tweaking her numbers in balance patches sometimes).

Although saying you don't care about one champ and only about another, yet other people's issues are baseless, is kind of hypocritical, what makes your beef more legitimate than anyone else's? I can see your point about Ashe... there are a lot of champs they neglect who are slightly weak or are out of the meta... many of those champs become viable again with little tweaks to items or global changes... They do seem to focus their balancing efforts only on champs that are picked in LCS though...

My problem with Heimer is that they specifically said he was already in line for a rework WELL over 2 years ago, since early S1... They also said that he had to be nerfed literally to the dirt and had to stay that way until they could totally remake him because of how toxic his gameplay was in lane... So they did that, stomping all over his abilities so much that no little item or game tweaks or meta changes could ever help him... and then promptly shut up about it for years, with only a couple of posts in that entire time on ANY of the forums and no balance changes AT ALL, meanwhile people like Eve, who was nerfed after him, and a whole host of champs that didn't even have very big problems, got reworks before him (I guess he kept losing his place on that line... he must have had to go to the bathroom a lot...) At least now it looks like he's finally getting the remake. It only took until the end of S2 for Riot to say anything about it at all... and guess what... it wasn't on this forum...

Darius and Teemo, they at least talked about both of them A LOT... you practically can't get them to shut up about teemo (although again, not on THIS forum...) They actually think they are fine... They have not once claimed Heimer was fine since they had to destroy him back in S1... All I can say is anyone who thinks Heimer's fine now is going to have a surprise coming when he's doing twice as much damage all game again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z0nne

Senior Member

05-09-2013

They already nerf every champion each patch i don't think they need to come here to read all the X champ is OP threads


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yhufir

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
Although saying you don't care about one champ and only about another is kind of hypocritical, what makes your beef more legitimate than anyone else's?
To put it mildly; "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”-DA

I'm not saying the argument for Heimer's rework is unsupported. I'm saying, from a purely scientific standpoint, who gives a **** about heimer? lol jokes.
I don't own or play Heimer so I have nothing to say about him. I've played against heimer's that dominate and heimer's that get dominated. He's never looked aberrant to me. Granted he's not played often, very infrequently in fact, but I've seen people play Heimer in ranked yoloqueue more than I've seen Ashe (aside from my own playing her). Really... when I think about it... in all of season 3 I've played AGAINST 1 ashe (played with 0 - besides myself, and I've played her less than 10 times this season I think). Heimer I've seen.... probly 5-6 times with or against. All I'm saying here is that I've seen the numbers and my experience with most of those champions has been that they're all fairly normal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoPuff

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Ok so it seems that you guys are mostly making the argument that most posts are just meaningless QQ and if you actually did read my post then you would saw that I have definitely addressed that. I'm not expecting red responses on those, just on legitimate questions and proposals which shouldn't be too much to ask. And if the same QQ topic is being brought up over and over again then why shouldn't that deserve a response either?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhufir View Post
To put it mildly; "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”-DA

I'm not saying the argument for Heimer's rework is unsupported. I'm saying, from a purely scientific standpoint, who gives a **** about heimer? lol jokes.
I don't own or play Heimer so I have nothing to say about him. I've played against heimer's that dominate and heimer's that get dominated. He's never looked aberrant to me. Granted he's not played often, very infrequently in fact, but I've seen people play Heimer in ranked yoloqueue more than I've seen Ashe (aside from my own playing her). Really... when I think about it... in all of season 3 I've played AGAINST 1 ashe (played with 0 - besides myself, and I've played her less than 10 times this season I think). Heimer I've seen.... probly 5-6 times with or against. All I'm saying here is that I've seen the numbers and my experience with most of those champions has been that they're all fairly normal.
Hmm yeah, it's hard to judge from that, a decent Heimer player actually does kind of good against unorganized teams if he can position and use strategy well and they can't... If nothing else, playing such a slow and squishy champ quickly teaches you the value of good positioning and map awareness. Good positioning is something a lot of people have problems with, or never pick up until much higher ranks... Also, people who aren't familiar with facing him underestimate his damage... just because it is some of the weakest in the game doesn't mean it isn't there... Turret hits add up if you just totally ignore them for long periods of time rather than quickly moving away from them or just killing Heimer or the turret like you should. Especially if you have bought NO survivability at all... Still that all really is more about a much more skillful player outplaying his enemies than anything else, a balanced champ should actually have a good chance to fight players of equal skill, who itemize properly and know his capabilities, and still win.

I agree though that I really see Ashe very rarely lately in solo queue... Maybe you are seeing Heimer more because he is picked more just for fun value... even though he's pretty heavily outclassed, he's still very fun... and Ashe isn't getting that benefit, people like the newer carries that have more bells and whistles at the same time as being stronger. I actually miss Sivir... It's been ages since I've seen one...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

05-09-2013

I wish Riot would post here more as well. I get that they don't want to get into arguments with noobs over whether or not Darius is op, but they could at least post once and just not reply.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoPuff

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhufir View Post
I think I see both sides of the argument here. People get worked up about about nothing; people make baseless accusations and illogical (if even intelligible) arguments; topics get hijacked; players answer other players questions without the need for intervention from reds. A healthy number of questions I see in here are things that should be taken to technical support.

What I dont get is that, in the span that I've been using this forum (about 6 months), I've yet to see a single red post in here. Not a "yes", or a "no", or even a "maybe so".

Honestly, I could care less about Darius, Teemo, Heimer, etc. It's champs like Ashe that frustrate me. I've started and responded to a dozen posts about her. It appears that WELL over 75% of the community agrees she's outdated and outclassed. And we're not even getting a simple, "We're not focusing on ADCs right now", or "Yes, we noticed you all agree her passive sucks, but it's going to take a while before we can get to her." I'd settle for a "No." just to feel acknowledged.
This is exactly my point, friend!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sig6987

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Nothing in this forum is worth reviewing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoPuff

Senior Member

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0nne View Post
They already nerf every champion each patch i don't think they need to come here to read all the X champ is OP threads
I don't expect them to come here looking for input and ideas, I expect them to tell us what they have in mind and what they think about our ideas and proposals and I expect them to try to satisfy us with a response