@Xelnath Xerath Changes PLEASE READ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Am Exodia

05-09-2013

So I played a game with Xerath earlier and I was having trouble getting the kill off my opponents in team fights before my teammates due to the channel time on his Q skill. My combo would go off but before I could get my execute my teammates had already finished off the job. This is the support ticket I submitted for feedback:

I was playing a game with Xerath for the first time in a while and I noticed that in team fights after I pressed my combo near simultaneously my E would land and just after my teams burst kills them my Q zaps over their dead body. I understand the delay is there for counter play purposes so I propose that the delay is just moved down .25 seconds. Not enough to reduce much counter play in terms of flashing and juking, but enough to get the kills in team fights that are rightfully earned. Another thought I had due to the fast paced nature of the current meta was that Xerath should be able to cast his E during the channel of his Q in a way that his E will still stun. This won't take away from Xeraths skill cap it will just offer further reward for those who play him with fast reaction time. I don't think this would make him over powered and It would be more of a quality of life improvement.

[BREAK IN MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT]

Also I saw today via surrender@20 you were looking for siege changes for Xerath.

1. What if you added to his passive something that lets you store ammo to use in siege mode in exchange for lesser cooldowns and bonus effects along with the range.

2. I could see his Q applying an 'overload' status effect on foes. Some form of light CC like an every second and a half micro stun to help chain combos or something.

3. His E could be turned into a small AoE nuke that if misses enemy champions turns into a lightning rocket that seeks out enemy champions and applies the same stun on next spell hit in an aoe radius to the explosion. Counter play would be such like the nuke can't go through minions but it can go through terrain. The projectile could either explode when you summon it in a group of minions or it can deal the same damage to the minions in summoning the projectile and then it launches. It can be that the damages do not stack on champions (summoning and projectile) OR the damage could come in two parts where the damage from the projectile and the summoning explosion together with the lightning missile have the same damage that is on live now and the rockets are designed to hit for a fraction of this damage.

How'd I do? This would give him more range, uniqueness, preserve his skill cap, update his passive, increase what he can do in siege mode, and bring him up to par with champions like lux and gragas in terms of farming. (Like lux he will have two AoE farming and harassing skills). RIOT PLZ

EDIT: I also saw Xelnath talk about changing his W to his R and vice versa. Unless you make siege form W the same power level as his ult now, I think Xerath is better off having an ultimate. If his W was a 2 shot barrage and it became 3 in his ranged form at the same damage I could deal with that.

GlyphTsen

05-09-2013

Getting KSed (Kill Secured) by your team isn't really an issue, is it?

I Am Exodia

05-09-2013

@glyphtsen imagine you catch someone with your E and 3 Ults (something along those lines). Your smart casting so when you hit your combo you pressed Q at the same time. The range indicatory on the skill crosses through the enemy target just about to go off. your teammates finish off your kill as a shot of lightning (searing flames if you have my skin) Zaps over their corpses. Its not very satisfying after not misplaying at all.

Trrees

05-09-2013

Lol if you're doing E -> Q you're playing Xerath wrong. Besides if they bursted down, that can only help your team. You can save Q and ultimates for more aoe damage.

The only change I feel he needs is having the ultimate still do damage if you died at the same time. Maybe a new passive but meh.

GlyphTsen

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuma420 View Post
@glyphtsen imagine you catch someone with your E and 3 Ults (something along those lines). Your smart casting so when you hit your combo you pressed Q at the same time. The range indicatory on the skill crosses through the enemy target just about to go off. your teammates finish off your kill as a shot of lightning (searing flames if you have my skin) Zaps over their corpses. Its not very satisfying after not misplaying at all.
Well, if your allies are actually KSing you rather than simply securing the kill (in other words, it's not perfectly clear the enemy will die without their action), there are a couple different factors.

1. They might be playing Carry or an Assassin with a reset ability, in which case I am happy to have helped most of the time. Or they might have been getting in a necessary hit to get Assist gold on top of kill gold, etc.

2. You are wasting your Q after having set up the kill for your allies and should not have bothered casting it at that target (which would be a misplay) since you know that they'll clean up from your bombardment.

3. They might be playing bad (and should feel bad, as they wasted their time/abilities that could have been spent elsewhere and been far more productive).

None of those are flaws with Xerath's design.

If you want to get more kills and fewer assists, play with better teams, play with a different champion, or do that much better in the early game so your damage will make your concern on Q moot by killing the target before it becomes an issue.

But really I think you're putting too much importance on personal kills rather than team kills. That's just my opinion, and your free to approach the game how you want, but if you not personally getting the kills isn't satisfying even though you're doing a good job for your team in all other ways... I dunno, it feels like you're missing the point from my perspective.

I Am Exodia

05-09-2013

@glyphtsen I do not argue with anything your saying lol. and as for the situation i was in yesterday this is probably closest to 3. @trrees yes we all know to use Q -> E so thank you captain. I just thought that it would feel more responsive to have Xerath's Q quicker.

What do you guys think about my suggestions for a kit upgrade?

Trrees

05-09-2013

...you don't Q->E you E->R->Q->R->R...

I don't think Q quicker is necessary or should be happening. It's a skill shot and people needs to have a chance to dodge skill shots. Sort of like Lux's laser.
I don't get it though, Xerath farms easily since his AA is fast and responsive. Q can push/farm fast mid game. Lux doesn't have 2 AOE farm since Q only hits 2....

But I don't think he really needs a buff atm, he's so powerful and doing well, like in LCS games.

I Am Exodia

05-09-2013

@Trrees I don't think he needs a buff either. But Xelnath (someone from riot) Is looking into making him more unique and fun to play because of how little he is being used. Many comparisons say he gets out classed by champions like Lux, Gragas, AP Kog. A lot of people say they do their job better and safer ect. ect. and lux's slow has about the range of xeraths hyper ranged Q. And I don't think that Xerath is boring but Xelnath Seems to think that Xerath players should have more to do in his siege mode after his initial combo.

Trrees

05-09-2013

Xerath has like the longest range. Instead of like Lux who falls off late game, Xerath stays absolutely strong. And his hyper ranged Q is like twice as long as Lux's slow lol. And Xerath's ultimate can do more damage than Gragas's ultimate + easier to land.

But ignoring that, AP mids are about blowing their combo and wait for cooldowns. After Xerath finishes the W-E-R-Q-R-R combo, he just gets out of W to move closer, W's again to try and deal more damage with Q.

Odd though that they are scared of how little he's being used. I think he's more popular than Ziggs or Viktor :O

I Am Exodia

05-09-2013

They are reworking Ziggs and Viktor too XD not complete overhauls more like updates similar to like sej and trundle. What do you think of my suggestions for the bonus effects on Q and Lightning Rockets on siege form E?