So I tried Trundle today for the first time in my life

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Fiora AU

05-09-2013

If you're pushing lane with Trundle you are pretty vulnerable to early ganks, particularly with no more tenacity on his W.

Jayce should be able to control the lane much more easily than you - if you auto minions that should be free hits for him and he can hit the creeps the right amount to freeze it wherever he wants as well.

Maximum Riven

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syzro View Post
riven works vs she can actually 1vs1 him even if he uses his ult only if played well
Riven can disengage him well enough to not fight him on his W. That's really all it takes to beat him.

I tried fighting him on it the first time I laned against him and got smashed in a duel, then never made the mistake again and haven't had trouble since.

Praul

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonigle View Post
He's one of few AD melee champs that can beat Malphite in lane.
Any sustain pro can out-top Malphite. Malphite's success hinges on harassing you down while absorbing any retaliation poke with his passive. Then 6-bombing you. Irelia, Trundle, & co would heal right through his harass. Plus Irelia's true damage would ruin Malphite's day.

alpha quail

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombustablePanda View Post
You act like this is a new revelation.

Trundle has always been this strong, he was pretty much my main top pick even before the rework.
Except no he really hasn't.

Not only can he actually stick to his target now, but an 80% AS roid with a healing increase vastly outweighs the tenacity from before. Also the bork synergy is something he never had which is nice.

Where he'd get kited before he now has no problems, and that roid lets him duel much better than before where he was a very strong duelist already.

Aria Sachou

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFish View Post
Actually I find Darius to be an easy kill for trundle. Start Cloth/5, rush warden/tabi and just stack Armor. Darius just can't do much to trundle and with pillar/Darius's unintentional pushing he's about as easy a gank as they come.
Depends on how you play Darius
I abuse Darius's Q when laning.
Constantly hitting the enemy with the outer ring as much as possible while positioning myself to hit as little of the minions as possible.
I've won the lane as Darius against Jayce (given he wasn't so good), Teemo, Vlad, Nid, Garen, Renekton, Nasus, Fiora, Jax, Riven, Rumble.
Not something to brag about but as you can see some of these champs can easily beat Darius in an all in fight on even grounds (Riven is a big one)
Ex: If Darius goes into fight Riven and they are both at 100, Darius will Lose.
But if you constantly Q and back off, Riven can't do too much about you other than try to force a fight (Which you can mitigate by slowing her and walking away, thus taking only a portion of the damage and still winning the trade)

Now you look at Trundle
A champ based on AAs and has little damage outside of them.
Darius can constantly Q him down and punish him for each bit of sustain he tries to get (which is why Darius does so well against melee sustain laners)
And if Trundle forces a fight onto Darius with his pillar Darius can easily fight back with his W, a great attack speed slow that has free CDR per stack (meaning 3-4 second cd on his W)
Not to mention with Free armour pen, and good harass, Darius can easily drive Trundle out of lane, if not he will just kill Trundle with a dunk.
I've done it many times.
Sustain isn't very great when you are vsing someone like Darius.
This stands true for Garen and possibly Riven too.