Thoughts on graves?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faker

05-08-2013

I'd just like to know what other people think about graves' currents stats.

In my opinion, buffing graves auto attack speed or his attack range would perfectly balance him.

Graves is moderately strong very early game (Before level 6). But he still gets countered hard by caitlyn due to auto attack range.

Now in late game, graves ult and q does no damage.

I guess you could say it's balanced since graves is strong early game, but I think graves is way too weak late game even with the advantage in early game.

Any thoughts?

Rethice

05-08-2013

Graves is fine, and my favourite adc. He counters plenty of adc and has one of the best kill lanes next to Draven.

The only reason he's not popular in the current meta is because he gets EXTREMELY hard countered by Caitlyn, and she's everywhere at the moment.

Once people get over her, we'll see Graves back in full force.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2013

They nerf him so hard it allowed cait and mf to over take his position as go to adc.

Erich Sturmovik

05-09-2013

His scoot is really good... really the only thing I hate is that his ult is like a squirt gun

Faker

05-09-2013

If two people with the same skill level plays graves vs another adc 1 v 1 after level 6 or in late game, I don't think graves can beat any of them. (or maybe he can beat sivir, I've never played sivir so I'm not sure about her).

Of course LOL isn't a 1 v 1 game so teamfight is important. Some people say graves w (Smokescreen) is op, but in my opinion his skill shots are wayyy too weak especially in late game. His e (Quickdraw) isn't really an amazing escape skill compared to ezreal e or cait e. I think slightly buffing his attack speed or range would perfectly balance graves. I wouldn't say graves right now is completely useless, but it's difficult to carry games with graves especially in high elo, unless enemy feeds graves before level 6 or doesn't pick caitlyn.

masterdragon481

05-09-2013

Graves smoke screen is a very very good ability; its a psuedo nocturne ulti for those caught inside; that is really really useful. But i think the reasons for his falling out of favor isn't really the nerfs he took.

I think this because everyone remembers pre nerf ezreal, with his attack speed debuff. And everyone remembers the holy trinity, which was ezreal, corki, and graves. Its my personal opinion that Ezreal created the need for the holy trinity; because of his attack speed debuff, graves and corki became the only playable adc's because of their lack of reliance on attack speed; they are both psuedo casters (at 6 graves does insane burst damage with QR). After Ezreal got his nerf, riot fixed a bug on corki's passive which, when combined with cd and mana cost nerfs, took him outta the game (but he was only in the game because h didn't really rely on attack speed). Graves lost some upfront damage.

Now, with new, aggressive supports coming out, and with Ezreal no longer dominating every other adc, people like vayne and caitlyn and mf began to be played again, simply because they could be.

Conclusion?
Graves was only ever a great adc when Ezreal was running around because Graves doesn't rely on attack speed. Now that that isn't the case, his strong early game, but weaker late game becomes more apparent.