Elise's Rappel range should actually display it's range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Navex575

05-08-2013

I'm sorry but this has been bugging me for a while. Why should Elise's rappel extend beyond it's actual range. It's just frustrating when she rappels up then you walk out of the range and she comes down on top of you.

I don't care if she rappels up and immediately clicks on you if you leave the range she should return to the center no matter what. It's frustrating and not fun at all. The range is already so big it doesn't need to be bigger.

I know this will sound like rage and it kind of is, but that's because it's true, if this was an intentional decision then don't give it a range indicator.

It completely limits the ability to leave the range of rappel, which should be the right thing to do, but currently it's basically impossible unless she doesn't have vision of you which in a teamfight will not be the case.

Stray Logos

05-08-2013

That is just how these skills work. If you have been clicked she will jump to you. Maokai works the same way with his snare. If you flash away he will fly all the way to your new location regardless of how far you get. Elise works on the same principle. The range indicator is only there so that her opponents can see where she has vision. It is not designed to show you how far she can jump.

Thubgar

05-08-2013

it's not that hard to deal with. wait till she lands, THEN use your escape.

yi and maokai do the same basic thing, it's a huge double edged sword. on one hand you can get around the occasional escape mechanic, but on the other hand it means they can be dragged into situations they don't like in mid transit.
work with the mechanics!

Silkdawn

05-09-2013

Maybe Im a bad Elise player, but half the times I use Rappel I miss click and just jump up into the air and will never be able to get that sweet kill.

Baval

05-09-2013

it does show her range, but there is a delay from when she goes up and when she comes down that can make it look like she got you outside her range.

Navex575

05-09-2013

Ok, I always saw Elise's rappel as having two parts, unlike Maokai. If, during the part where she is up in the air but has clicked you and you walk out of range, then I still feel like she shouldn't rappel to you, maybe on the outside of her range in your direction. Idk it's just really annoying, possibly the most annoying skill in the game.

masterdragon481

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navex575 View Post
Ok, I always saw Elise's rappel as having two parts, unlike Maokai. If, during the part where she is up in the air but has clicked you and you walk out of range, then I still feel like she shouldn't rappel to you, maybe on the outside of her range in your direction. Idk it's just really annoying, possibly the most annoying skill in the game.
A lot of people think its two parts, and they are 50% right. There are two different ways to use the skill. The first is what you think it is. If she casts it on the ground, she goes up in the air for 2 seconds. While up there, she can click on anything in the circle and drop to it. The second way, and the much more common way to use the ability, is to cast the ability directly on an enemy champion. Now it functions the same as any other dash in the game; you were in range when she cast the ability on you, she will follow you the whole time. If for some reason she cast it on the ground and you flashed out of the circle before she clicked on you, you would make it out. But no one really makes that mistake.

Lolth

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdawn View Post
Maybe Im a bad Elise player, but half the times I use Rappel I miss click and just jump up into the air and will never be able to get that sweet kill.
Thats cuz u have to use smart cast not regular cast, change it in key bindings in the options menu

Danica1708

05-09-2013

It does display the proper range, but once she's targetted you, she's targetted you whether you like it or not, and she'll follow you, even if you're two screens away. That's why there's the percieved 'she has unlimited range' on it. The line that you see? that's within her range, so iif even a tiny part of your hitbox is in it, she can target you. Stop complaining.

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-09-2013

it does, it just doesnt do it till its already too late, hue