Thoughts about Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestVayneMars

Recruiter

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica1708 View Post
She has bad AA range, BUT! But, her scaling is awesome. Like, seriously, her scaling is awesome. I just got into playing her, and I love her. I used to think she was the worst ADC in the game, but I learned otherwise.
That would be the Gun Templar because he'll just steal kills all day and never work for it ... oh hell naw he di-int!

RichDigits

05-09-2013

Here is the problem with Sivir.

She is theoretically a great champ, she has all one would need, but suffers from some major flaws.

The first of which is her attack range, it is below average, meaning in competitive games, other adc's can kite her.

Second is her Q, Boomerang is slow, so competitive games can dodge atleast one of the two boomerang hits. Also, hiding behind minions makes the boomerang essentially useless, as it will sustain so much damage reduction before making it.

Third is E, the spell shield. It is blatantly obvious, and unless you live on the west coast, you have to preemptively activate it, but this throws a red flag and good players will ignore you until it fades(Notable exceptions are Ashe, Cait, Karthus, due to slow/obvious abilities). This means when playing against good players, you are constantly out of mana, unless you want to do less damage by going manamune.(You can trick players with a banshee veil tho)

The W skill is only somewhat useful...This is only greatly useful for maxing out a manamune and farming minions. Sure it offers an attack reset, and a TINY damage boost on the first hit person, and rare lucky last hits when chasing, but all in all, it is basically just a great farming tool, poor overall damage dealer. A simple low damage dot would be more effective in last hitting, which isn't luck based and doesn't take up a skill, so i wouldn't even count that.

Her R is great. Although it doesn't overcome the problems with all the other skills, it does buff your team so they can do what they do, only faster :P

This may sound hypercritical, but it isn't. My main is Sivir, i play her more than any other champ, but because i love her play style, not because i like a high kdr xD, but she is unquestionable(in my humble opinion) not as good as other champs in almost any scenario you can think of, other than specific lane countering. It is sad, but almost anything sivir can do, another champ can do better, or atleast, do it while staying more rounded.

Edit: My idea for a Sivir buff is not to buff ALL of these problems, but either creatively coming up with something that makes them not so bad, or buffing one of them.
Either change boomerang to damage reduce only when moving back to you(still less late game output than other champs can put out), increase her attack range to an average level, or something creative.
My creative idea is to make it if you have w enabled, Q will proc her w on the first thing it hits.

Bigpuddintatters

05-09-2013

She is probably the safest pick in the game for an AD carry, she'd be more popular if her ult wasn't so team reliant. Like the only time I will consider her a good pick is when I have a mid lane who benefits from at least MS. Like Kass, Fizz, Diana, Kha. because when I get Oriannas, and Vlads, or jungle Fiddles they don't need those stats in team fights.

Although i'm not saying the ult is bad, just puts her in a niche

RichDigits

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpuddintatters View Post
She is probably the safest pick in the game for an AD carry, she'd be more popular if her ult wasn't so team reliant. Like the only time I will consider her a good pick is when I have a mid lane who benefits from at least MS. Like Kass, Fizz, Diana, Kha. because when I get Oriannas, and Vlads, or jungle Fiddles they don't need those stats in team fights.

Although i'm not saying the ult is bad, just puts her in a niche
Personally I have noticed a dramatic change in how 5v5 mid lane fights go when sivir has her R popped, because even if they don't greatly benefit from the attack speed, the movement speed is always helpful to make focusing easy.

I think the main problem is that her ult is not as strong as other ults, for THAT champ. Overall, it's, in my opinion, one of the best as it alone can change the fate of a fight, but for more 'selfish?' players, it doesnt seem like a lot.

Sivir is a team champ, you pick her to win, not to top the board(tho this does happen :P), which further leaves her looking weak and unhelpful, to those who have no idea how much she is actually contributing.

With all that said, Sivir is great in non-ranked matches. Unlike many champs, most champs can counter sivir with skill, instead of requiring hard counters, with the exception of the few sivir specifically counters.

Eninya

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrights View Post
I've been looking at all the ADCs that league has and I've realized that Sivir has fallen off greatly. Anyone else feel the same way?

Maybe it's time for a buff or even a rework to get her back into the game, and able to be chosen in ranked ect.?
Let's look at the pros and cons of Sivir.

Pros:
-Strongest poke/nuke skill out of the ADCs by a huge margin
-Built-in Triforce
-The only ranged ADC with a spell shield
-Ultimate is an AoE-aura movement and attack speed increase
-Her passive is great for chasing and kiting, to the point where I'd say it outclasses Vayne's passive
-Good auto attack animation

Cons:
-Shortest range of any ADC

She remains my favorite ADC to play, even after the rework nerfed her Boomerang Blade. I would say she is the second most powerful late game ADC and the most underrated ADC of them all. Her lack of range and the difficulty of her gameplay makes her unappealing for the simplicity of someone like Caitlyn who has the highest initial range and a gap closer, making her a very safe choice.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrights View Post
Well obviously, if any champion gets fed they will be pretty devastating. I'm more or less talking about having her make people want to pick her. such as Cait's range for example and Corki's armor shredding E ability.
She's still at heart a pusher. That makes her BORING (cuz ya know, you don't get high kills with her). Without the glory, why play her? Why not play someone easy and get high KDA?

Danica1708

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
She's still at heart a pusher. That makes her BORING (cuz ya know, you don't get high kills with her). Without the glory, why play her? Why not play someone easy and get high KDA?
Why not play someone easy? Well that's because players actually want a challenge sometimes. That's why I play Syndra. She's challenging and rewarding. Now that I've played Sivir, I feel a similar way about her, but she's not AS challenging as Syndra is to play sometimes. KDA ratios aren't always important, I mean, tanks don't usually get kills, but they play a vital role in the game, same with supports. However, a fed support is a much more potent support. Just saying. Anyway, I play difficult champions because I love a challenging champion. It's more fun that way. I imagine a lot of people feel that way.

Evolnemesis

05-10-2013

I have seen Sivir in ONE game in the last 6 months...

JGJ316

05-10-2013

I think a remodel/retexure with new particles would be plenty. The animations are kinda wonky and hard to notice sometimes. I can't count the number of times I've taken a Q to the face because I thought it was just another auto attack.

Eninya

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
I have seen Sivir in ONE game in the last 6 months...
Maybe you'll run into me. I'm playing her in as many games as I can. I got two penta kills in less than 8 games of one another, the first in less than 10 of picking her back up.