Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Frozen at loading screen + Black screen with reconnect attempts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

isuno

Recruiter

05-08-2013

This is NOT PBE.

My Firewall is OFF.

This happened just once before, and it appears to be happening again. What happens is that everything would work perfectly fine until the champion loading screen. At some point, without my knowledge, the game freezes. I would only be aware of this because the game won't start, all the pings are frozen, as well as the loading bar for those who still haven't connected yet.

I would be forced to quit the client and reconnect by logging in again.

Once I reconnect back to the champion loading screen, one of three things happen.

1. I reconnect successfully.
2. The game freezes again and I have to repeat my steps

or.... as of now...

3. The loading screen won't even load. It just gives me a black screen, telling me to turn off my Firewall.

As I've said, this happened once before, and it was on ranked. This time, it's only ARAM, so it's not as dire, but please fix this...

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-08-2013

Post your system specs and all of your logs (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3222596) from a game in which this happens.

Cheeseypoof8

05-15-2013

i have the same problem it has happened to me 3 times in aram only. i hope i dont get banned for 3 leaves ive never had this problem untill aram.

Leaguezoflegend

05-15-2013

This happens to me every 5th or 6th game. What is going on..

Azrealis0

07-06-2013

I am currently having this issue as well. Everything will work up until the champion load screen. The screen will go black and I get a prompt saying to turn off my firewall and to retry. Sometimes clicking the retry button will work and it will let me into the game. Other times it won't, even if I shut down the game and/or restart my pc. This happens to me every single game.

Bladewrie

07-09-2013

Hey! I had this problem and I realize that this is a bit of a necro. I found that if I enabled my adobe on startup, which i had previously disabled, it worked fine! Maybe try installing adobe if you do not have it installed?

Badger Stabber

07-19-2013

I'm dealing with this right now, It does the exact same thing as Suiori except i cant see a load screen at all just black and i only sometimes get a prompt telling me to disable my firewall, this is the second time and the first time (I assume out of luck) i got it to work, this time i have nothing, I am repairing my download right now, hoping it will work both times have been on summ rift. Please repair this Riot

akurules

09-20-2013

iam also having the same problem....contacted support but it still doesnot work
if any one knows how to fix that ??
i get banned because of that problem

akurules

09-21-2013

i am the same problem....i get banned too.....had done so many things.not insane
will some one know how to solve that problem ?

A1DimeTRo

09-28-2013

All of my friends using Mac are experiencing the similar problem. They could not connect to the actual game after the champion select as the black screen with "Unable to connect to server, try checking your firewall" error appears. Every single one mac user i know, who plays LoL, (there are like 10-12 people) has the same problem! they just cold not play because of that. I have been trying to search for a solution for them, but everything i found, we tried and it did not work. Reinstalling the client, repairing LOL, trying to uninstall NON-Existant Panda-media booster on mac, nothing worked. Funny thing is that the problem occurred to all of them at the same time with a new patch around 3 weeks or a month ago.