Urgot's Journal of War (Not RP, OOC Feedback Encouraged)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Urgot

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
((Mhm. It was good.))
((Thanks. Sorry you had to die.

But hey, Teemo death.))

Ask Tyrant Swain

05-12-2013

((Meh, as long as I died facing my killer in the eyes and giving an awesome speech, I'm okay with it. ))

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2013

(( Oh, I know what you mean Urgot - actually, the whole Steward Council idea came to me at school last year in a boring class. The moment it did, at first I was like 'Huh. I should totally keep it mind, maybe I can develop it.'

And here I am. On Maelstrom, I have 5-6 people that are playing a part as Steward-Summoners.

So, really - the best ideas come from the most mundane places.

Really, being a good writer isn't about writing long and using fancy words (*cough*Imtalkingaboutmyselfhere*cough* but it's about managing to grip the reader to -want- to read more.

Now, for some people, it -is- description and long writing and the way things are formulated.

I am a pretty easy reader to please, dangle an interesting plot before me and I'll gobble it all up. And I really liked your story, it was just perfect, size and wording and plot and everything. Not too long but not too short, you nailed Urgot's way of narrating things as in just writing what's important and what not - and the plot. It wasn't stereotypical 'City wins over city', it had an interesting twist and our protagonist here got his 'rightful' reward for what he had sown.

Also, details. References to the other champions, what happened to them (+1 for my characters' appearances), it was well thought. ))

Dear Urgot

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandora View Post
(( Oh, I know what you mean Urgot - actually, the whole Steward Council idea came to me at school last year in a boring class. The moment it did, at first I was like 'Huh. I should totally keep it mind, maybe I can develop it.'

And here I am. On Maelstrom, I have 5-6 people that are playing a part as Steward-Summoners.

So, really - the best ideas come from the most mundane places.

Really, being a good writer isn't about writing long and using fancy words (*cough*Imtalkingaboutmyselfhere*cough* but it's about managing to grip the reader to -want- to read more.

Now, for some people, it -is- description and long writing and the way things are formulated.

I am a pretty easy reader to please, dangle an interesting plot before me and I'll gobble it all up. And I really liked your story, it was just perfect, size and wording and plot and everything. Not too long but not too short, you nailed Urgot's way of narrating things as in just writing what's important and what not - and the plot. It wasn't stereotypical 'City wins over city', it had an interesting twist and our protagonist here got his 'rightful' reward for what he had sown.

Also, details. References to the other champions, what happened to them (+1 for my characters' appearances), it was well thought. ))
((Hardest part was trying to get to the ending (I actually thought of the ending before most everything else) without it being stupid. Also the balance between too much and too little detail. I do not want to make things too horribly short, but also do not want to break character by listing things Urgot would not put in.))

Dear Urgot

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
((Meh, as long as I died facing my killer in the eyes and giving an awesome speech, I'm okay with it. ))
((You more than likely choked on poison, but let's go with that.))

Shandora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Urgot View Post
((You more than likely choked on poison, but let's go with that.))
(( HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Well played, Urgot. Well played. ))

AskTheGuillotine

05-13-2013

((Just found this, and i must say it is very good. That is why I have had Darius encouraging sanctions against chemical weapons. It would be devastating to a army based on manpower like Noxus's, as well as the long term effects the chemicals would have on the land, weak land = not enough food.

Anyway yes this was very good and interesting.

Also DEATH TO TEEMO woot, hate that litttle thing.

The last thing I must say though is that Darius would die DUNKING, even if he was puking out his own intestines while doing so.))