Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An ancient mystery in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragnDave

05-08-2013

That sword sure looks a lot like the swords the Watcher statues have....

Kraken Jack

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:

You can carve plenty of interesting things out of the Freljord's ice. That place has always been a battleground, so I wouldn't have thought twice about digging up a dagger like this one if it weren't for two things. One: check out the etching in the metal. Look closely enough and you'll see the same serrated design found in the rest of these relics. Two, well… the dagger's hilt is carved from human bone.

Here's where it gets more interesting. The tribesmen of that region say the figure on the blade is a legend, a “warrior-savior” who appeared during a battle against a hated rival tribe several years ago. They'd almost lost the battle, but the warrior appeared and led them to a crushing victory over their enemies. They left no one alive, but when the tribesmen went to celebrate with their champion, he'd already vanished. They say that - in his memory - they took the bones of their enemies as trophies.

It sounds like a similar story to the one from the Shuriman tomb. Both tell of a warrior who appeared and turned the tide of a great battle… but at a gruesome cost.

Ezreal, read my former post... for the sake of runeterra.

Mechanikatt

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:

You can carve plenty of interesting things out of the Freljord's ice. That place has always been a battleground, so I wouldn't have thought twice about digging up a dagger like this one if it weren't for two things. One: check out the etching in the metal. Look closely enough and you'll see the same serrated design found in the rest of these relics. Two, well… the dagger's hilt is carved from human bone.

Here's where it gets more interesting. The tribesmen of that region say the figure on the blade is a legend, a “warrior-savior” who appeared during a battle against a hated rival tribe several years ago. They'd almost lost the battle, but the warrior appeared and led them to a crushing victory over their enemies. They left no one alive, but when the tribesmen went to celebrate with their champion, he'd already vanished. They say that - in his memory - they took the bones of their enemies as trophies.

It sounds like a similar story to the one from the Shuriman tomb. Both tell of a warrior who appeared and turned the tide of a great battle… but at a gruesome cost.

Ask Jax. Perhaps he knows more about this mysterious figure...

... GIVEN THAT IT'S CLEARLY HIM.

MagikShot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:
Woah, the light in my lantern went out for a second, there. Weird...

Ezreal I have bad news for you...

CL Lolshock

05-08-2013

Rengar???

wtfsmashyou

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:
I had a friend help me out with a bit of a distraction. Too easy.

I can put it back when I'm done with it.

Ezreal no need to be shy, we all know that friend is Lux.

SinisterBlade

05-08-2013

im still convinced that it has something to do with malzaha, it has too much to do with him like the dagger and him in the picture praying to a god i think that it is a new champ but also a legendary skin for mazaha not mordekiser.

Ars Memoriae

05-08-2013

Nito, the first of the dead, hue

EatMoreKayle

05-08-2013

I think it's the ancient evil Kayle fought on her homeworld, the controller of the dark magic that transformed Morgana.

Zerglinator

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:
They say that - in his memory - they took the bones of their enemies as trophies.

Rengar does that, and no one complains!