Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An ancient mystery in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HDS Barkin Shark

05-08-2013

im here to complain, why cant i have my black gun paladin! **** you riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Housepets

05-08-2013

As bad as it sounds. Maybe Amumu knows something?

dafedidi

05-08-2013

F*** GUYS !

The knife ! There is the blade of that dark demon guy on it ! As well as on the book !

oO

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/news/April_2013/post/books.jpg

SchwettyButcher

05-08-2013

Very Very cool

Im Contributing

05-08-2013

This guy is definitely an old leader from Shurima. He's "immortalized" by those who have been graced by his presence and have been granted a strong bloodlust in battle. Tryndamere fought such a person, before he became able to defy death. He merely vanished after seeing such a strong sense of bloodlust. It has to be something to do with the sword. On the wooden plaque, the figure is clearly pointing the sword in a direction. From the plaque, it seems like he was in Ionia as well? It's quite possible he may have something to do with the corruption that consumed Varus after his family was slaughtered. There are many ways to surpass death itself. Xerath is an example of this.

For now, I see him as being worshiped as a "God of War". Granting others the ability to fight to their fullest extent and with no mercy as well.

Dyionus

05-08-2013

Maybe Kayle and Morgana weren't the first of their kind to step foot on Runeterra?...

Yndeed

Recruiter

05-08-2013

Its a Runterran god, god of war or death by my guess, would explain why he shows up in the different societies, as everyone would uphold the glory of a god universally believed in. Also explains why he wins battles against all odds

dafedidi

05-08-2013

I got it, this is Chaos from my little pony.

Case solved !

GG guys

Daedelous

05-08-2013

My thoughts

1. A darker figure in the past of the Crownguards, providing Ezreal isn't just daydreaming of the cute beauty of Demacia
2. Something from Durand's history
3. A figure from war that switched sides following contact with one of the artifiacts shown.

The Dunkmaster

05-08-2013

Quote:
Shad Croly:
I still say it's the same guy.

The guy on the urn is the Shurmian warlord, the "impossible odds" was a battle against ancient Noxus where that one prideful general got his army crushed "by an enemy that was begging for mercy". Demacia heard of the victory and wanted to immortalize a warlord that caused a stunning victory over their moral enemies.

... Just need to figure out how his presence in Ionia fits in.

Varus and the pit of corruption he guarded?

Ezreal spoke about an ancient temple, right?