Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An ancient mystery in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FairyCharmed

05-08-2013

o.o I love these spoiler things

Obscurica

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:

When I noticed the similarities between the Demacian stained glass and the Noxian statue, I had to know more. I pulled as many books as I could out of the library at Piltover's academy. There are some sections there restricted to everyone but academy graduates. I could have gotten in on my own, but I didn't want to burn any bridges, so I had Jayce help me out. Everyone loves that guy.

The smaller one is a book of Noxian war poems. Most of what's inside is standard Noxian military fare, but the blade on the cover captured my attention.

The big one right here is an old book of fables and stories. Not all of them are entirely true, but one of them caught my eye. The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”

Oh-hoh. An AOE berserker effect. Possibly scaling in effectiveness with health lost? Good way to turn a close fight!

Also, that furthest book to the left has an angel motif on its spine. Publisher's mark or lore-related?

IdiotSavant

05-08-2013

Its clearly Voooooid. Xelnath seems better and better

Baelzabub

05-08-2013

My thoughts:

- Someone/thing from the Shadow Isles. Quite possibly the leader that has never been explained.
- Will join the League to keep an eye on and control over those of his subjects that currently reside within the League.
- Possible Demon of Darkness, explaining the drawing of Lux. It's not Ezreal's love interest, (we all know that's Taric) but it is Ezreal's worry about Lux meeting her true counter existence.
- Possible final concrete connection between Evelynn and the Shadow Isles comes from her lord joining the League.
- Solidifies the Shadow Isles as a city-state on the offensive, joining with the Freljord's new lore of a coming war, this war spreading farther and wider than ever before thought, combining the war in North of Freljord with the tensions between the East and the West of Noxus and Demacia. The Institute of War becomes the staging grounds for one of the greatest wars Runeterra has ever known.

Solarai2

05-08-2013

Quote:
Ganjii:
Cause it's so weird.. Talking back to him and asking questions and stuff.. He isn't real. lmfao..

I am merely adding to the fun, sir. I like to play along.

Solarai

Reebdoog

05-08-2013

It's the guy who started the war that split Kayle and Morgana. Thats my guess.

Mors Martell

05-08-2013

This is clearly trynd's enemy as from the last post
"He inspired bloodlust in the invaders" = "He inspire these men"

Daedelous

05-08-2013

Well..when I see that statue a name spurs to mind, Durand, although he was associated with Galio.

That picture of Lux (Giving the benefit of the doubt to ezreal) might be a bit of a hint to a link with someone of Garen and Lux' lineage being a bit dark, on that note, Garen seems to enjoy a Noxian's company..and then there was the fact that Demacia was so keen on getting Lux into their hands quickly for training.

funtimeaj

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:

When I noticed the similarities between the Demacian stained glass and the Noxian statue, I had to know more. I pulled as many books as I could out of the library at Piltover's academy. There are some sections there restricted to everyone but academy graduates. I could have gotten in on my own, but I didn't want to burn any bridges, so I had Jayce help me out. Everyone loves that guy.

The smaller one is a book of Noxian war poems. Most of what's inside is standard Noxian military fare, but the blade on the cover captured my attention.

The big one right here is an old book of fables and stories. Not all of them are entirely true, but one of them caught my eye. The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”

Hey Ezreal, have you seen the Enter the Freljord video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPBUcguEGAI

If you fast forward to the 55th second of the video, there is a figure on the left of lissandra of the frostguard, he too is a big statue looking guy with a big sword. Could this be yet, ANOTHER connection?

HayabusaZero

05-08-2013

Quote:
Explorer Ezreal:

So, a guy with wings comes from nowhere and gave some kind of power to the general's enemies? Maybe this creature is more ancient that our own civilization...

Ezreal, you know that Runeterra is full of ancient beings, like Anivia and Brand. Maybe something akin of that nature? What do you think about it?