An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caarne

05-08-2013

tryndamere nemesis...

Harosama

05-08-2013

The nightmare is coming. In more worlds than yours he is fabled, his sword a token to the lives he has claimed, hs visage familiar and strange, his hunger for your pride, your lust, and your soul, he is the harbinger of your doom, the hearald of your rise, and the beggining of the end.

Ezreal, you should approach Ashe and ask her to play mediator with Tryndamere, he WILL recognize this i'm sure. Also you may consider Zileans wealth of knowledge as an aid to discovering this secret.

Helmight

05-08-2013

Quote:
A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”
And then from Tryndamere's lore:
Quote:
One such battle changed his life forever. Raiders ambushed Tryndamere's clan in the dead of night, and though his warriors were able to push the first wave of attackers back, they weren't prepared for the dark figure that next stepped forth. He wielded a cruel, living sword, and inspired an unhinged bloodlust in the invaders with his unearthly magic. Tryndamere's tribe was overrun within moments.
Holy ****. It's the SAME GUY. Which I guess was kind of what we were expecting, but still. So he's even been in the Freljord, and he has some kind of connection with Tryndamere.

Also:
Quote:
I had a friend help me out with a bit of a distraction. Too easy.

I can put it back when I'm done with it.
Would this friend happen to be Miss Crownguard?

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/books.jpg]news/April_2013/post/books_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

When I noticed the similarities between the Demacian stained glass and the Noxian statue, I had to know more. I pulled as many books as I could out of the library at Piltover's academy. There are some sections there restricted to everyone but academy graduates. I could have gotten in on my own, but I didn't want to burn any bridges, so I had Jayce help me out. Everyone loves that guy.

The smaller one is a book of Noxian war poems. Most of what's inside is standard Noxian military fare, but the blade on the cover captured my attention.

The big one right here is an old book of fables and stories. Not all of them are entirely true, but one of them caught my eye. The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”
Now the pieces are starting to come together. This guy is definitely the same creature Tryndamere encountered. Also, the creature appeared specifically before an arrogant general. If I'm not mistaken, Tryndamere does like to boast, doesn't he? Something about his right arm, I believe?

Doing It Live

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/stained-glass.jpg]news/April_2013/post/stained-glass_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Take a look at this. It's a stained glass window from Demacia.

Don't ask me how I got it. I'm going to give it back, I promise. I'm borrowing it for research, and they'll never know it's missing. Demacians never stop talking about light, so what do they really need a window for, anyway?

Look closely. See the shape in the center with the wings and the jagged sword? That's the figure I've been seeing everywhere.

This is the first artifact that really got me thinking. It's not that old, and it can't really go back more than a few generations at most. I asked around, and nobody knows what the figure is or if he has a name. They all agreed on one thing though: whoever this figure is, he's clearly someone worth remembering to be immortalized like this.

But why does he appear in so many other places? So many of these artifacts are ancient, and some are from lost civilizations so old they don't even have names.

How is that possible?
It might just be Kayle gone Emo you know.

Yozaru

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkbaitBruhaha View Post
Why haven't you talked to Zilean yet, he seems like the most logical choice for literally everything based on history.
Because Zilean uses a map.

Epjest

05-08-2013

Just have Zilean tell you who he is.

He is after all a chronomancer.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kj GG View Post
NOXIOUS VS DEMACIA.... A judge is needed to decide the fate of runeterra.
Adjudicators were just beta testers that were in the game prior to the escalation in July 2009.

Excalicur7

05-08-2013

A third angel?

Risantir

05-08-2013

Dear Ezreal:

I write you this letter cause i got this info for you. I was doing my own research, i can tell that i have read about that createru before, a body that can break swords protected by a dark iron armor, a blade that can take not only the life of its enemies but their souls too, some writings said that this thing traveled all around the world enveloping it in a cloud of darkness, and fed himself with the souls of their victims.. there is no a name, in those ancient writings but surely if he reapears another dark era ll come with him. This is all i have but i hope it is usseful for you.

Summoner Risantir