An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexinus

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
Galio's about to get one hell of a rework, isn't he?
Oh so you didn't read the Original post? How cute.

Galio does not use a flipping sword, dingfod!

AbiwonKenabi

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgra View Post
Ez, is there any indication in history, either in written, sung or spoken history that at one time Noxus and Demacia where once one people? If so that could indicate that this figure is a key figure from their combined histories. If that is not the case, you have a artifact that seems to indicate that the people gave this figure offerings, combine that with the wings and the seemingly dark profile, he could be dragon-kind or a demon.
Hmm...good point. Both Demacians and Noxians highly value battle, but both for different reasons, they could have been one society at one point.

Calibretto9

05-08-2013

I think we're going to see a Demacia vs. Noxus showdown event like the Ionia vs. Noxus one. New items and obviously a new champ to come!

Gentleman Thief

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/books.jpg]news/April_2013/post/books_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

When I noticed the similarities between the Demacian stained glass and the Noxian statue, I had to know more. I pulled as many books as I could out of the library at Piltover's academy. There are some sections there restricted to everyone but academy graduates. I could have gotten in on my own, but I didn't want to burn any bridges, so I had Jayce help me out. Everyone loves that guy.

The smaller one is a book of Noxian war poems. Most of what's inside is standard Noxian military fare, but the blade on the cover captured my attention.

The big one right here is an old book of fables and stories. Not all of them are entirely true, but one of them caught my eye. The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”
Where were the two armies from?

CynicalGiant

05-08-2013

That HAS to be the shadowy figure with a living blade in Tryndamere's lore. It just has to be.

I have a feeling this being shows up whenever there is war, conflict or death. Most likely from the Shadow Isles. Maybe he is the "Ruined King" that Riot has hinted at before.

Onigiri99

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/books.jpg]news/April_2013/post/books_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

When I noticed the similarities between the Demacian stained glass and the Noxian statue, I had to know more. I pulled as many books as I could out of the library at Piltover's academy. There are some sections there restricted to everyone but academy graduates. I could have gotten in on my own, but I didn't want to burn any bridges, so I had Jayce help me out. Everyone loves that guy.

The smaller one is a book of Noxian war poems. Most of what's inside is standard Noxian military fare, but the blade on the cover captured my attention.

The big one right here is an old book of fables and stories. Not all of them are entirely true, but one of them caught my eye. The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”
Brace yourselfs, Satan is coming to the fields of justice!

EElohiMM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Galio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuba Glue

05-08-2013

Quote:
The character in the story is an arrogant general leading his warriors into battle and winning with ease. He has the last of his enemies cornered, but… you know what they say about pride before a fall.

See what Mordekaiser knows, this seems like it's right up his alley.

Sir Regendorf

05-08-2013

Quote:
I had a friend help me out with a bit of a distraction. Too easy.

I can put it back when I'm done with it.
Lux?
Anyway, why don't you ask Soraka about it? or i'm sure the League should have a Library with information about it. You are looking for something really really old, if Demacia and Noxus have images about it, it might be before the creation of both cities, some creature worshiped as a god by their common ancestors or some warrior who traveled all over the ancient Runeterra and now, because of the lost of information and the time, we think is (and he might also have became) some kind of god, anyway you must know some ancient temples that maybe can help you in this mistery.

MAXIMUM GRANDPA

05-08-2013

So many excite