An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mors Martell

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMårvelous View Post
Ezreal-

You're making it very difficult for me to try and assist you on this matter.

I'd be quite upset if you got hurt while inspecting this.

However if these letters I am sending are sitting on a pile I am going to be extremely furious with you.

Seriously. I will leave you to the dark god you're probably chasing after.

-C.M.
You ain't special, stop trying to get his attention because you had a successful forum thread :P

Blanquito De Ice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

You should ask to Zilean, he can see everything no matter the time, you should take him to the place where you found those artifacts, and he will see....

VanceStubbs

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/statue.jpg]news/April_2013/post/statue_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This statuette is from Noxus.

Yes, Noxus. You know how I feel about Noxians, but their city is full of history. It'll take more than dark magic, guards with massive axes, and a creepy bird guy to keep ME from exploring the most important places in Valoran.

Noxus is full of these kinds of statuettes. Usually, they're made as tributes to the nation's greatest heroes, but this one doesn't look like any Noxian war hero I've ever heard of. I know of plenty, too, believe me: pick up any Noxian book and it's probably a way-too-lengthy chronicle of some hero's life, conquests, and the size of their weapon. I wouldn't have looked twice at this one if I hadn't recognized the figure.

Here's the thing that's really nagging me… what's Noxus doing with statues of a figure that shows up in Demacian art, too?
Noxian books eh?

Don't tell me you were in disguise and you got your book signed by Swain by accident?

RelaxNTakeNotes2

05-08-2013

From Trynd's lore : though his warriors were able to push the first wave of attackers back, they weren't prepared for the DARK FIGURE that next stepped forth.

A dark figure huh?

NoxiousIce

05-08-2013

Hmm, it doesn't appear to have legs, and it seems to be bursting out of the ground. You can see this in the stain glass window too. How odd. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that either this figure is like an immortal mercenary, or that it appears at important times in history, to choose a side.

JoshuaRosario

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsBane View Post
Origin; Shadow Isles. Title; The Ruined King.
Oh yeah, they left unfinished this for some reason...
Maybe it's time.

Morphine

05-08-2013

This is a really fun creative angle for champ releases. Props to the creative team.

Kyurian

05-08-2013

Terroblade/Doombringer confirmed for League of Legends

Grahalen

05-08-2013

the people at the bottom look like summoners to me....

Ez the shattered

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl56 View Post
Is there nothing in the book that gives any hint as to who this might be? Surely there must be something seeing as the blade is on the cover.

Perhaps you could ask Kassadin or Malzahar about this creature. Indeed it does not appear to be from Runeterra, and possibly has origins within the Void. Perhaps these two might know something of him?
Well besides the void there is the place where kayle/morganna is from.