An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OtakuWhompa

05-21-2013

It'd be awesome if the next champion released is Lucian the Gun Templar and in the lore it explains how all but 5 of the Darkin were wiped out by Lucian's purifying "rituals" and Aatrox seeks revenge. Just think about it.

Daub

05-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
OooOoooooOo. SOME SORT OF DEMON OF WAR. Let us name him Barry.
You're amazing. I love you.

Arkeresh

Recruiter

05-21-2013

Definatley Tryndamere's unkown nemesis. I read both stories, Tryndamere's and Aatrox's, and they describe the character as dark and weilding a living blade. It says he just crashed through and left. I got so excited to see they were connecting the stories. Now I see it's going farther too.

JustinOoO

05-21-2013

is he the guardian of the Runeterra? and the people of the Runeterra betrayed him?

CRBAKER112

05-21-2013

Guys, look at the picture with the magnifying glass on it. The man the magnifying glass is on, looks like a prevoid Malzahar. Remember, Malzahar found an ancient city in the middle of the desert which corrupted his mind and made him the Prophet of the Void. Something had to do this to him, and not just the essence of the void. But something evil, and powerful...I think one of two things:
1.) Aatrox is the King of the Void. The Master, Etc. He is the powerful entity that controls the void and creates conflicts on Runeterra to allow evil things to happen which expands the power of the void.
2.) (To go along with the demon theme) Aatrox is a demonic spirit (like thresh, hecarim, etc) from an underworld which has a gateway on the Shadow Isles. He is fueled by the conflict, pain, and anger of war. With fighting and death, he grows stronger. But after wars are over, he returns to his underworld and awaits a new conflict to start. With the placement of the League, the Demacian/Noxus conflict cannot end and therefore, Aatrox is now trapped on the planet, unable to return. So now, he joins the league in order to try and kill the champions of Demacia and Noxus, so that he may return to his eternal slumber.

I personally prefer the Void one as demonic champions haven't been exercised yet as a "faction." Whatever he is keep up the good work Riot.
Edit: The demon one also goes along with connecting him with Tryndamere as people are saying, as by creating conflict with Tryndamere and making him angry and wanting to fight, it makes Aatrox stronger.

fatjake79

05-21-2013

i think he is more of a bone collector. making contracts like a genie would however with blood and bones as the punishment. they all bow to him to give them wishes. he then fulfills these wishes whether it be gold, war victorys, lux and ezreal dates, or even artistic abilitys.

DisWikxidSun

05-21-2013

How about him being the FOUNDER OF NOXUS. TheULTIMATE incarnation of Noxian Superiority. Aatrox the High Ruler of Noxus.

gravvy4me

05-21-2013

its aatrox for sure

Elodin

05-21-2013

This was such a cool way to introduce the champion, I hope they do things like this more in the future. It pretty much assured I'll be buying him.

KJOtaku

05-21-2013

Why don't we ask Morgana why she bought the white dress. Can't be too many fellers with wings running around Runeterra. Its not like Swain has time for a family and all.