An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RlVENONAPRAYER

05-09-2013

I think he is gonna be a late game champ, judging from turning battles around completely after it is almost over....

Green Lant3rn

05-09-2013

Perhaps the creature is an ancient like skarner, maybe not the same race but similar to the Brackern and instead of protecting the earth and crystals and all that the creature thrives on conflict and offers a chance at victory for some sort of payment.

SquigglesGiggles

05-09-2013

The Frostguard icon also resembles the sword's shape and design. Perhaps the theory on this champion being a watcher and having ties to the Freljord aren't too far off.

Gildrick

05-09-2013

The Ruined king is coming?

Banana Republic

05-09-2013

In the picture on the book and the one with the worshippers , there's a mountain behind him maybe it's a significant detail

megaveemon

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
Here's where it gets more interesting. The tribesmen of that region say the figure on the blade is a legend, a “warrior-savior” who appeared during a battle against a hated rival tribe several years ago. They'd almost lost the battle, but the warrior appeared and led them to a crushing victory over their enemies. They left no one alive, but when the tribesmen went to celebrate with their champion, he'd already vanished. They say that - in his memory - they took the bones of their enemies as trophies.

It sounds like a similar story to the one from the Shuriman tomb. Both tell of a warrior who appeared and turned the tide of a great battle… but at a gruesome cost.
So, this dude has got to be pretty old, right?
I wonder if our fiery elemental friend Brand knows of any super powerful beings that were around when he was first "cleansing" the world.
Skarner may also be a good "person" to ask, as I'm sure he might know of any strange happenings before and during the rune wars (where this figure may have played a part.)

Heck, zyra may even know something from back when she was 100% plant. Bribe her with some fertilizer or something.

Banana Republic

05-09-2013

In the picture on the book and the one with the worshippers , there's a mountain behind the figure, it could be a significant detail and also the worshippers looks almost like summoners.

Terisica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
OooOoooooOo. SOME SORT OF DEMON OF WAR. Let us name him Barry.
Hmm....so gather the information we have so far...

Barry shows up in these places which all have a deep and long history.

Our great explorer founded most of the artifacts himself, but one thing: The old coins.

I wonder if you can find the Card Master again in order to track the source of the coins.
You can even bring it to the Bilgewater's tavern for more information! The pirates might know a few myth.

Apart from the Card Master, Soraka might know something.
I believe she has lived long enough to at least contact once with Barry.

It's quite depressing that no candidate can help from the Shurima desert...

Nasus was the protector from another world...
Amumu probably know something about it, before he died...
Rammus!? Okay

Lux...it seems that Mr. Ezreal has a close relationship with the lady of Luminosity. Probably she had heard of some Demacian tales about Barry...
Why did you steal that window! Now it will be awkward (and dangerous) to even ask about it!

I believe you will not contact Noxian for this quest and the Freljoid is just too chaotic these days. Piltover...I am sure you must have already gather all the information from here, no need to ask more.

Good Luck with the discoveries! I hope Barry will show up sooner than we expect!

AeonOfDarkness

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaveemon View Post
So, this dude has got to be pretty old, right?
I wonder if our fiery elemental friend Brand knows of any super powerful beings that were around when he was first "cleansing" the world.
Skarner may also be a good "person" to ask, as I'm sure he might know of any strange happenings before and during the rune wars (where this figure may have played a part.)

Heck, zyra may even know something from back when she was 100% plant. Bribe her with some fertilizer or something.
And then you find out this being is older than Brand. Who says he's not from a new world not mentioned in the lore yet?

Azerain

05-09-2013

No riot, gun templar instead please.