Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An ancient mystery in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToldUIWasFreaky

05-08-2013

You should ask Rumble about it. I'm sure he's completely irrelevant to the situation, but at this point I'm desperate for them to do anything with that champion.

Kabine

05-08-2013

Does anyone else think this jagged sword looks a lot like Prince Jarven the 4th's pole arm?

AntiSkillshot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Kabine:
Does anyone else think this jagged sword looks a lot like Prince Jarven the 4th's pole arm?

O.0
Maybe... Jarvan the 1st knew this guy? That'd tell us why there's a stain glass window of this figure.

Helvaen

05-08-2013

Quote:
Kabine:

As in it was passed down like an heirloom? Or was it made to look like it?

AntiSkillshot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Helvaen:
As in it was passed down like an heirloom? Or was it made to look like it?

Probably the latter.

LouisLeGros

05-08-2013

Quote:
zaun lab bot:

Drasnir

05-08-2013

Ezreal,

After your news I heard that this figure could be Tryndamere's nemesis, but I really this figure is not likely to be Tryndamere's nemesis. As it's said, Tryndamere and his tribe were attacked by a dark figure and were defeated, and the tales Ezreal told us this other dark figure appears from nowhere, at the almost end of a battle, helping the losing side, and not starting a battle. But maybe Tryndamere's story is missing something. Maybe he was not attacked but counterattacked. But as he is not really a friendly person maybe you should talk to Ashe and try to schedule a meeting with the barbarian king.
Apparently he has the power to appear in a place coming out of nowhere. We have seen ninjas doing it, but looking at his style and weapon used he is probably nothing close to a ninja, but you could still ask to the master of the Kinkou Order about the ancient ninja trainings to see if you can find something about it. You could also try something with the master of the Order of the Shadow, but you have to be careful.
For the drawings of this dark figure it may resemble Kayle and Morgana, so you could ask Kayle if she knows anything about it. Anything about someone in her world who went missing eras ago. It looks nothing like Nasus and Renekton so probably nothing coming from their world.
Other one you could meet to talk about this dark figure is the Deathsinger he may know about a figure that wherever it appears there are hundreds of deaths. You should be careful about talking to the Deathsinger, but you dont need to be gentle to him, as he can speak even after dead. And then you should be careful, as he is even more dangerous after dead. And even if you can't get straight answers from him you may be able to at least get some hints.
And we should not discard the possibility of something from the Void. And if you think it could be a threat to our world you should just mention that to Kassadin and I'm sure he would be eager to help you find out, if it's somehing related to the Void. Just don't let the Prophet of the Void hear anything about this figure.
Now enough with the "talk to" and lets see the things as an explorer.
You are a great explorer may not need a map, but I should point some things to you, you found evidences in Demacia, Noxus, Piltover, Shurima, Freljord, Ionia, and a drawing of a place that looks somewhere near the Great Barrier. All those places (except for Shurima and Ionia) are on the Northern Lands. You should try to explore a little more the Southern Lands. Maybe looking at a library at Brandle City. The Shadow Isles are likely to have something about that figure but I would not recommend that place. But again to the Southern Lands, I know that most of the lands south of the Great Barrier still bears the scars of past Rune Wars, but there is a good place to see if that figure took place in any of those Rune Wars.
I would love to hear more about that figure, Ezreal, but I have to agree with ZenonTheStoic: Be careful how deep you dig!

Good luck on your findings and if there is something I can do to help, just tell me.

Kabine

05-08-2013

Ezreal said the stained glass was not very old so there could be a link between the mysterious figure and Jarven the 1st, 2nt or even the 3rd. I'll need to look into the history of J4's weapon because he did add bones and scales of unknown creatures to his armor so it's possible he modified his lance as well. It's possible J4 even met this mysterious figure during his 2 year disappearance south of the Great Barrier and that's what put such a grave look in his eyes.

obscurred

05-08-2013

It's obviously draven, the picture in the bottom left, obviously both draven as well, just in disguise. Draven loves to go on dates with himself.

Skørne

05-08-2013

Guys, Ezreal is doing his own detective work. Obviously he can't attract too much attention to himself and he's taken it upon himself to seek out the answers without notifying the community of where he's going.

Also, Ezreal said that this mysterious person is most definitely not Galio... and had referenced the character to being male. (So I'm sure this rules out Kayle, as some have hypothesized her)

Makes sense for both Demacia and Noxus to have idolized him. In Demacia's eyes, they see a warrior that had always fought in favor of those who would fight in the face of complete adversity. And in Noxus's eyes, they see a soldier who has seen countless battles and proven to be the epitome of strength (a trait, as you all know, that Noxus glorifies). Whoever this person is, I look forward to hearing more of what Ezreal has discovered.