An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genow

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
Galio? I've met that hunk of stone--this isn't Galio.
In that case Galio's about to be made irrelevant

toapat

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMårvelous View Post
I have a few copies on my ship.

They make good trade on the black market.
I forget, wasnt that also the First issue of Playmundo? or was it Leona?

Prince Persian

Senior Recruiter

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ququroon View Post
I'm not sure why, clearly they're only friends. Don't you dedicate memories of your friends to parchment as well?
Yea "only friends" i tried saying that to my girlfriends brother once and it didnt turn out so well

GothicPrinceX

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/stained-glass.jpg]news/April_2013/post/stained-glass_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Take a look at this. It's a stained glass window from Demacia.

Don't ask me how I got it. I'm going to give it back, I promise. I'm borrowing it for research, and they'll never know it's missing. Demacians never stop talking about light, so what do they really need a window for, anyway?

Look closely. See the shape in the center with the wings and the jagged sword? That's the figure I've been seeing everywhere.

This is the first artifact that really got me thinking. It's not that old, and it can't really go back more than a few generations at most. I asked around, and nobody knows what the figure is or if he has a name. They all agreed on one thing though: whoever this figure is, he's clearly someone worth remembering to be immortalized like this.

But why does he appear in so many other places? So many of these artifacts are ancient, and some are from lost civilizations so old they don't even have names.

How is that possible?
True demons remain hidden from the world. Could he be an ancient being from old?

Extoll

05-08-2013

so Ilidan coming to LoL...guess no one goes to BT anymore

honeybadger9000

05-08-2013

I got it, it's a new skin for Kayle.

Tonaia

05-08-2013

Well MAster Ezreal, we are familiar with multiple creatures with immortality. I suggest you ask Anivia if she knows anything about this, seeing as though these images turn up everywhere, which means she must have seen them at some point.

Other than that there is the possibility that this stained window is just a re-creation of something that the artist saw: an image of an image (that being a statue or whatnot).

Perhaps this being is in stasis or hibernation. Perhaps it's another immortal, or perhaps he is a time traveler. Whoever he is, though he must have done something incredible to be remembered through the ages in imagery. If it is indeed Void related, perhaps he stopped an incursion in the past. I think this would be a good thing to continue studying Master Ezreal.

-Summoner Tonaia

Lebrante

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

that dagger on first pic, is the same as malzahar?

Masakan

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slivarito View Post
If it's only a few generations old, it either means the figure has been seen recently, or that the myth of the creature has been passed down for generations.

If the stained glass is from Demacia, and it is immortalized in this stained glass, it might also imply it is one allied or that at least helped Demacia at some point, otherwise so much effort would not have been put in to depict it in a positive way.

Analysis 1: Creature of lore that has had its myth passed down for generations

Analysis 2: The being has recently been seen again, maybe by an adventurer from a few generations ago.

Analysis 3: High speculation, but it is possible the being is allied with Demacia because of its positive depiction and the desire to have it immortalized in stained glass.

(See first post for original analysis)
You got a point that would rule out the possibility of it being a watcher

amonkeybutt

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikShot View Post
The wooden draw... Is it Ionia in the background?

I hope so! Ionia is my favorite faction. It sounds like it could have a lot of interesting lore.

Like the details behind Ahri becoming more human.
The plague that struck Master Lito, and the Necromancy that almost killed Irelia.
Varus' pit of...what ever the hell that was.
The Kinkou and Shadow Orders.
Wukong's training in Wuju.