An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old Adam70

05-08-2013

It is entirely possible that the men pleading to the statue of this character believe that it is, in some way, like a deity from legend which would come in and turn the tides of battle. Perhaps the time scale from which these pieces were all taken actually spans far more time than we think, and the time between each piece's creation is sufficiently large that the picture showing men praising the statue comes long enough after the appearances of the character that he had been made into some form of fairy tale or legend. Of course it stands to reason that the character has been stowed away for some time now, who knows why.
It does seem however that this character is not bound to any particular faction, but instead simply takes the losing side in return for something. This "something" does not necessarily have to be from the side he joins, it is entirely possible he/she/it takes the losing side to increase the bloodshed in the war. If he/she/it had not joined, it is apparent there would have been less deaths, as the smaller force would surely have been demolished. Yet, this character's joining rallied the troops and led to far more bloodshed.
So, it stands to reason this character is simply in it either for mass bloodshed and a love of war, or for some form of recompense from the side he/she/it allies with, as may be evidenced by the comment from the defeated general.

SkyPatrol

05-08-2013

Tryndamere and Galio made out and made this.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Ask Renekton for advice? I'm pretty sure Ezreal likes being in one piece.

Then why not ask Zilean? He's probably been around as long as this thing.

Question though, is Shurima a lost civilization? I thought it was where Malz and presumably non-champions were from, but that Icathia was the lost city or whatever...

Gamejumper

05-08-2013

If anyone has mentioned this before, kudos to him/her.

I feel that we should all appreciate that Riot has made a mini-event to enhance the understanding of the lore. I personally think that the Lore in this game is incredibly weak, with many backstories being merely conjured out of nowhere. "Zyra, Lulu, etc." I personally enjoy events such as these allow for expansion to the lore.

fortide

05-08-2013

I see more backlash for the pairing than love for it, TBH. Though most of the backlash is from the Lore forum, whose favored pairing is Riven/Lux (which is a nice pairing, but it's pretty much based on assumptions, like 90% of the ships out there). It'd be nice if Runaan told us more about this new canon relationship.

Spacebound313

05-08-2013

looks like a relative of Galio or nemesis.

Doublekilled

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
Hello Mr. Ez .. I'm kind of a new explorer, and well, trying to follow your footsteps I took a trip to find out more on freljord but got caught up in a fight. Not everything was lost nonetheless, I noticed some huge statues and asking around (that shop keeper sure knows stuff) he pointed out that "those Mysterious Statues don't look like nothing that the world has seen". But I have seen those signs on the statues somewhere, they're on the dagger's hilt you found.

Your dagger
The Statues

I tried to follow that track, so I kept on asking at the locals, but none of them were really comfortable with me digging history while there is a war going on.

JHoff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
a new update would be nice

FinalesFunkelnGO

05-08-2013

The Ruined King seems to be a good guess. I hope it is.

Otherwise, I'd try asking Skarner. His people are very old and were around a long long time ago.
And he seems to be more reasonable then most creatures (i.e. Shadow Isles)/