An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CedricClarance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

i think his like a Tyrant of darkness or a demon warlord something. i want his name like Darcy cause his like dark and war.

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Well, if the figure is ancient (if not divine), hovers around battles, and exhibits some ominous, if not outright evil, trends, then I'd say Kayle is the one to ask. I mean, she's only been fighting a battle against evil for 10,000 years, and is the greatest warrior of an immortal race and all that.

Granted, she seemingly only found Runeterra ~10 years ago, but maybe Runeterra is only one small area of this dude's influence. Couldn't hurt to ask (so long as your E is up)

Jarvan ÍV

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
I meant MY allegation. I'm pretty sure you're not linked to a being of ancient and evil power, unless you consider your rivalry with one Jericho Swain a link, and even then I don't think he's all that ancient and not as evil as this thing.
My apologies.
... No, I am not linked to a ancient and evil power.

However, Jericho is ancient.

HeWhoStandInLane

05-08-2013

My guess is it has something to do with Kayle and Morgana.

AbiwonKenabi

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llilyth View Post
Well done there, slick. But if I remember correctly, which maybe I don't...Soul Calibur isn't so much a who as an overwhelming will that kinda bends your personality toward one side or the other (in this case, extreme combat potential). But yes, that was the kind of thing I was shooting for with my post.
Yeah, I'm not sure on the Soul Caliber lore either, but it was the only other similar "weapon possession" I could think of. It's definitely an interesting take; I've been reading this thread most of the day and don't think I've seen anyone think of it.

And who're you calling slick? <.<

Duarack5

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmrvelous View Post
guys.

It's a void lord or at least something akin to one.

oh please let it be a void lord

Cosmos of Chaos

05-08-2013

Keiran Darkwill... o.0

AbiwonKenabi

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos of Chaos View Post
Keiran Darkwill... o.0
Dun dun DUN!!! :O

Titiln

05-08-2013

its jesse perring

Rivini

05-08-2013

I'm fairly certain this figure is tied to Kayle and Morgana, or at least the world they came from.

From Ezreal's findings, the artifacts depict a "devil" who even schemes like one, akin to our Lucifer. In Kayle and Morgana's world, the inhabitants are immortal (Kayle herself is over 10,000 years old), and this "devil" has apparently been on Runeterra for centuries or possibly millennia.
Like the two angel sisters but long before them, the "devil" had been forcibly summoned to Runeterra to fight in the ancient wars. He's a fallen angel along with Morgana. During times of peace, he slumbered somewhere hidden until he's beckoned to make a deal with the one who summoned him. At some point, he's taken into the League of Legends to make use of his power on the battlegrounds within.

In short, he's a fallen angel, but far more ancient than Morgana (at least on Runeterra) and perhaps even more powerful.

That's my take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
Woah, the light in my lantern went out for a second, there. Weird...
Hint to this new champion using a "darkness" mechanic like Nocturne and Graves?