An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MobiIe Ward

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiBelgarath View Post
Maybe this dude is a time traveler? Would explain why he keeps showing up in random times and places.

You could try asking zilean!
pretty sure hes just really old.

MrZephyr98

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

It would seem that this figure comes only in times of war...perhaps the conflict in freljord could draw him out? it seems like it would be a good time to start paying attention to whats going on there....

Restiur1

05-08-2013

If we don't have an update atleast a few more words we are going in circles in this discussion :S

Worst Evelynn BR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiwonKenabi View Post
So like....Soul Caliber? Perhaps the sword is the "who"

Edit: Oh hai, I just realized who posted this >_<
Well done there, slick. But if I remember correctly, which maybe I don't...Soul Calibur isn't so much a who as an overwhelming will that kinda bends your personality toward one side or the other (in this case, extreme combat potential). But yes, that was the kind of thing I was shooting for with my post.

AntiSkillshot

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/ez-desk.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ez-desk_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Hey, everyone. Ezreal here.

Normally, I wouldn't ask for help. I've come across a lot of interesting relics in my travels, but never anything like these.

I've gathered everything on my desk for all of you to take a look. The important thing is that these relics were found all over Runeterra, and they date from different and completely unconnected eras. The thing is… they all share one similarity: they show a dark figure, clearly inhuman, wielding a jagged blade.

This is a mystery I'm not sure I want solved. From what I can gather so far, this dark figure has been at the center of many bloody conflicts and tales of war.

What do you think? Who is this figure, and what role has he played in Runeterra's history?

Oh, and if you really want to hear some of the stories about these things… I'll tell them, but some of them aren't pretty.
It's either an evil Crystalline (an Ancient race of Runeterrian elves that could infuse with a series of certain crystals to prolong their life (not likely, as it's a concept race of mine)) or it's the Ruined King... which is more likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiwonKenabi View Post
So like....Soul Caliber? Perhaps the sword is the "who"

Edit: Oh hai, I just realized who posted this >_<
Makes me think of my two main champion concepts... one wields a blade called "Caliber of the soul" and the other wields a Scythe called "Edge of Souls."
Xaredian and Hakai are the concept's names.

Why the downvote?

StationaryObject

05-08-2013

That picture means nothing! They are just friends! can't friends hang out without people implying they are together these days?!?

PcTriumph

05-08-2013

So Ezreal, it looks like you've already dug too deep.
I imagine it is terrifying to gaze into the Mouth of Kog'Maw, one who can devour any physical substance with ease...
But what would it be like, to gaze straight into the gape of something much worse, something whose hunger is not sated by mere worldly objects..

Also, tell Jayce I said hi. He saved me a while back.

whynotragequit

05-08-2013

Malzahar's Blade.
Kassadin's picture.
creating Galio...(GateKeeper skin)
It seems there comes another voidwalker,In the Statue...maybe?

tedsterkid

05-08-2013

Wait a second guys, that blade in all the pictures looks a lot like Blade of the Ruined King, maybe it is the Ruined King. Attachment 680426

Rioga

05-08-2013

Its a watcher o.o *goes and plays aram again to make sure*