An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapnBald

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinTheYordle View Post
...One yordle was curious enough to clean the scuff mark up to find hidden, scribbled out runes.

I was able to sneak in really fast during the fiasco, but couldn't take a picture, so you'll have to excuse my really awful and fast sketching. I just wanted to show you quickly. Apparently some big-wigs from Piltover are on their way too to check it out.

I can't tell if it's a joke since your leak of knowledge, or if it's real. You know how yordles like to play pranks...

Any advice would be appreciated.
-Rin"

Attachment 680207
The markings on the image spell "beware" in Futhark (viking alphabet). Maybe have a chat with Olaf? Not sure what he'd be doing writing on yordle ships, though.

Memento M0R1

05-08-2013

Ezreal, where are you?

Linna Excel

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
This is a mystery I'm not sure I want solved. From what I can gather so far, this dark figure has been at the center of many bloody conflicts and tales of war.
It's either a sexy chick people like fighting over or a tea vendor because tea is responsible for multiple wars including the american revolution.

Ideally it's a sexy chick with magical tea powers.

CaptGrimm919

05-08-2013

So I was gonna get Jayce with my IP. Now I think ima wait..

Forever........

xxLiamxx

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exman33 View Post
Q_Q gun templar wasn't real i guess. Tell us some stories ezreal

I heard somewhere on reddit Qtipie was testing him, but thats qtipie, he's probs trolling us again . -.-"

Silvertime10

05-08-2013

My guess is that the figure is an embodiment of war. When the Shurima were fighting, they somehow channeled the spirit of something, and their need to win gave this thing a body, maybe from their own souls (given how everyone who has been "commanded" by this thing has acted), and when the battle was over, they started a cult to worship the thing that had saved them. Those Shurima people started something that then spread all across Runterra, a religion of sorts. And whenever one of his followers needed to win a battle, he called upon him, and the figure took the soldiers' souls to give him a body. That would explain the large amount of figures in Noxus, and revering of the statue. Wherever there is war, some of the cult worship him, and now he has somehow materialized, and has true form.

All of the conflict recently has given him the ability to come, and maybe bring in his own faction. I could see him as a void leader, or maybe something even older...

Laxtras

05-08-2013

ez?

ez?

did you found him?

ChrononumberXIII

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGrimm919 View Post
So I was gonna get Jayce with my IP. Now I think ima wait..

Forever........
You will probably have enough for Jayce and this guy and then some before he comes out if you keep playing.

3mptylord

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a reason we've heard so little about him. It's almost like someone's tried to cover him(?) up. Perhaps you should be careful.

(Templars? :3)

Octopicake

05-08-2013

Shadow Isles? Ruined King cometh? Can I get hyped yet? :c