An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaun Lab Bot

Data Management Resource

05-08-2013
39 of 41 Riot Posts

RunicThanatos

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/statue.jpg]news/April_2013/post/statue_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This statuette is from Noxus.

Yes, Noxus. You know how I feel about Noxians, but their city is full of history. It'll take more than dark magic, guards with massive axes, and a creepy bird guy to keep ME from exploring the most important places in Valoran.

Noxus is full of these kinds of statuettes. Usually, they're made as tributes to the nation's greatest heroes, but this one doesn't look like any Noxian war hero I've ever heard of. I know of plenty, too, believe me: pick up any Noxian book and it's probably a way-too-lengthy chronicle of some hero's life, conquests, and the size of their weapon. I wouldn't have looked twice at this one if I hadn't recognized the figure.

Here's the thing that's really nagging me… what's Noxus doing with statues of a figure that shows up in Demacian art, too?
why not talk to Darius and Garen? should be an interseting exchange of words there...

Zeaph

05-08-2013

look at the weapon he is using does it seem familiar to another weapon a champ uses now? to me it looks like Jarvan's spear

achesst

05-08-2013

Ezreal, based on the accounts of his appearance, this creature seems to be one who thrives on conflict and bloodshed. I would agree heavily with a previous member's suggestion of asking Leona or Pantheon if they know any stories of a deity of war who offers victory to those on the verge of defeat.

RinTheYordle

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaun lab bot View Post
[aws2=news/april_2013/post/ez-lux-separate.jpg]news/april_2013/post/ez-lux-separate_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

good man. Good man.

Uke Yordle

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaun Lab Bot View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

ahh zaun never letting us down

Balkai

05-08-2013

Quote:

d'awwwww

SlashStarEX

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/april_2013/post/ez-lux-separate.jpg]news/april_2013/post/ez-lux-separate_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

lab bot strikes again

Duarack5

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaun Lab Bot View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ez-lux-separate_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Good to see you again, Z.L.B

Sobaskets

05-08-2013

NOTHING TO DO WITH GALIO

He was RECENTLY created by Dorand before Dorand was assasinated. He's no older than Poppy/Garen/Lux or any of the Demacians. Galio is attached to Demacia because he sympathizes with their struggles and found good hearted friends who showed him compassion in a time of extreme loss and confusion.

How is he in any way related to an ancient spirit/demon of blood and war?