An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninth Angel

05-08-2013

I hear Zilean is....a zillion years old!

No, seriously, he may be a little hard to communicate with due to the temporal issues, but he seems like he'd know something or other. Let's look at his background:

A) He's a Timelord. That's pretty self explanatory

B) He's from Urtistan, located west of Shurima Desert (where the urn was found) and south of Demacia (stained glass). Urtistan has been destroyed, but by what you ask?

C) By a terrible Rune War! Zilean was the ONLY survivor (keeps with the bloodshed theme) while his city was "set upon by an entire phalanx of dark summoner-knights of unknown affiliation." We also know based on Zilean's lore that summoners are the only ones strong enough to treat the condition of Zilean constantly changing places in time.

Therefore, two theories; one, this summoner knight destroyed Urtistan and left Zilean to suffer in his tower knowing that the magic was out of his control or...

Two, (the one I like but think is less likely) that the above happened but the strongest summoner knight went after Zilean, possibly a general, and was trapped in a time vortex with Zilean. However, instead of being trapped in the same location, he constantly is sent to places of great battles where he summons souls/other beings to fight for him and turns what was a battle into a slaughter, destroying everything in sight, then being drawn to another point. The reason no one knows about this being is because he doesn't have a chance to stop, he simply keeps repeating all these events over and over again, unable to summon himself out of this loop. This would also explain why the clock tower was left up in Urtistan, because the other summoner knights saw what happened to their general and avoided his fate.

Jack Haruka

05-08-2013

To everyone talking about asking the plantlife and then Zyra... do you actively want our friendly explorer to be traumatised? >_>'

Surely Maokai would be a safer bet on that part, and since we all seem to be convinced this figure is SI in origin, he'd be the fauna to talk to, since he's from there, and has always been from there, much like we've always been at war with Eastern Eurasia. But he's... likely angry about still being alive, so he'd wouldn't be that.helpful.

toapat

05-08-2013

cannot press F5 enough

Yojimaru

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post

That's all I've collected so far. So… what do you think? Who is this figure, and what does his presence mean?

I know one thing: I never want to meet him…
Based on your findings, this mysterious being seems to be a harbinger of war; a catalyst for extremely violent change that comes at a monstrous price. But what could such a being possibly have to gain from this? Does it meddle in the affairs of Runeterra for it's own amusement, or does it feed off of conflict?

If that's the case, then your misgivings certainly have merit.

GothicPrinceX

05-08-2013

Could it possibly be the blade that is corrupting whoever weilds it? Sort of like a demonblade?

TastyApple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2013

Seems to me that not all the figures are one in the same but the sword is consistent. Maybe the true legend is the sword at the cost of the wielders life?

Artist3I3

05-08-2013

Hm, he appears throughout history in art and stories and history from every section and faction on Runeterra. So, he has no allegiances. He's in it for the blood. Then why appear for the losing side each time? Maybe he likes a challenge. The thrill. He thinks he's unbeatable, so he makes a show of it. Though so far it seems he has the power to back that up. He's able to "invigorate" men who are wanting to quit and are outnumbered and exhausted. That's one hell of a Blood Boil. Now, the question is, who is he and where is he from? If he's older than the Abyss then the two you may want to ask are either Zilean or Skarner. And they're both rather approachable. Though where and how you'll find them, I don't know.

Strghtflush

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restiur1 View Post
Try with Karthus , he always have the answer for everything
Karthus isn't old enough for this since his lore change. Better to ask Zilean, Skarner, Brand, Lissandra or the sort. If it's difficult to get the latter two to talk, simply showing them the images should get a reaction.

Dynnen

05-08-2013

Ezreal, couldnt he be from the same place kayle and morganna are from, since they are immortal and all have wings, it sounds like a connection to me, try talking to kayle to get answers, its the first place id start looking for answers.

Your Shadow

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidas View Post
Perhaps a neutral void creature?

Void creatures are sentient beings, it's not impossible there could be a "heroic" one.
Thing is, the Void isn't "evil" to begin with. We are just so disgusting and wrong to them that the only acceptable reaction is "Ew ew ew kill it kill it kill it"