(FACTIONS) The Shadow Isles: Strategy Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enigma Requiem

05-08-2013

So, the next campaign is about to start up!

What is Factions?

http://www.leaguefactions.net/

Where can you sign up?

Here!

The current pre-season Shadow Isles Faction champs:
Elise
Evelynn
Hecarim
Karthus
Maokai
Mordekaiser
Nocturne
Thresh
Yorick

For referance, here is our opposition for Ceruleana:
DEMACIA
Fiora, Galio, Garen, Jarvan IV, Lux, Poppy, Quinn and Valor, Shyvana, Sona, Vayne, Xin Zhao

THE FRELJORD
Anivia, Ashe, Gragas, Lissandra, Nunu, Olaf, Sejuani, Trundle, Tryndamere, Udyr, Volibear

IONIA
Ahri, Akali, Irelia, Karma, Kennen, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Shen, Soraka, Varus, Wukong

NOXUS
Cassiopeia, Darius, Draven, Katarina, LeBlanc, Sion, Swain, Talon, Urgot, Vladimir

PILTOVER
Caitlyn, Corki, Ezreal, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jayce, Orianna, Vi, Ziggs

The way I see it, SI's got a lot of strong Jungle champs, some slightly niche but unsafe picks mid with karth and Morde, one really good roaming mid in Evelynn, some strong top-lane presence, but not amazingly so.

Biggest weakness (which seems to be a common one in Factions teams) is the lack of a dedicated ADC, since the main Botlane contenders are Thresh as a semi-ADC and Yorick as a solo bot, Urgot style. However, from jungle you've got AD Eve and Nocturne, both reasonably strong Melee-carry style champs, as well as some good AD damage from Hec.

CC-wise, its a tad bare- Elise's stunning skillshot, Noc's fear, Thresh's kit (which is a tad inconvenient, since he's the ADC,) Karth's wall... Hec's ult... thats really about it. Freljord will have an advantage there, definitely, but they have that advantage on everyone.

Discuss!

(note: I'm personally still on the fence until season starts, I was a summoner for Noxus last season, but I'm a big fan of a lot of SI's champs, and I have Eve and Thresh already...)

Baron Bodacious

05-09-2013

Perhaps I might just sign up for Shadow Isles too. I have a lot of those champ (Elise, Thresh, Morde, Hec, Kathus)... even if I am only good with like.. two of them. Thresh can still throw down some nasty cc and Yorick makes a pretty decent support, the two of them in bot lane will have a ton of poke.

But that would leave top kind of bare. Hec top with a Mao jungle maybe...?

Enigma Requiem

05-11-2013

Well, Morde can top lane since he's such an inately tanky mid, but its not his -best- option.

Elise is also considered a top-lane bruser atm.

King Kowabunga

05-11-2013

Yea. I used to play Morde in whatever lane I could for a while. Elise MIGHT also make a decent lane suuport... maybe.. Just while all that poke a vision granting stun, but the stun would be a giant pain to land.

Kenson

05-11-2013

Elise is an excellent jungler if the other lanes can hold on for her arrival.

She'll be good for mid-early games, what I fear is that our Shadow Isles late is going to be hard to reach OR easily countered...

vladthemanana

05-11-2013

SI gets stomped bot lane without someone who knows how to position down there. Our lack of an "adc" destroys us in any matches i've played/watched. It just was simply not a competetion.

Terminus Est

05-11-2013

Haven't played in a faction match, but we did some normals and I was running Eve in the jungle; the new itemization has been friendly to her, if you have an open mind; Elder Lizard into Iceborn gives you great early and nice mid-game; Lategame, hopefully Karthus or Morde is ready to rock.

soughtarbiter

05-11-2013

noc jungle mord mid thresh bot and idk what else...

Baron Bodacious

05-13-2013

I feel like Maokai is the way to go just for the big aoe and peel. Slap a Karthus and Eve in there and you can have a nasty initiate. I guess top would be a situational pick but extra cc definitely wouldn't hurt.

Tortferngatr

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladthemanana View Post
SI gets stomped bot lane without someone who knows how to position down there. Our lack of an "adc" destroys us in any matches i've played/watched. It just was simply not a competetion.
Karthus bot? It's no ADC, but still--he IS our strongest DPS champion.

We have access to a lot of oddball tools--Karth's ult, Yorick, Hecarim's fear, Mordekaiser's ultimate, Nocturne's dash, Thresh's entire kit, and even Evelynn's stealth are all incredible.

Still, if we REALLY need an AD carry, I would also support attempting to convince Twitch to join our ranks. He's an insane plague rat who brings death wherever he goes. That seems like something we don't mind. Besides, he already works well on protection compositions--Yorick and Maokai come to mind.

In return, it really shouldn't be TOO hard to help him with whatever insane experiments he wants to try on Ceruleana.