Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A guy who thinks late game shen can 1v1 late game vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calderweiss

05-08-2013

In my last game, I came across a guy on my team who thought that Late game Shen could easily destroy a late game Vayne in a 1v1 duel with no interruptions.

Shen did not seem to grasp the concept of %max health true damage.

Your thoughts?

Midnight Firefox

05-08-2013

Vayne is the one champ a Shen doesn't taunt, lul.

Delimon

05-08-2013

A good Shen would indeed win. Tanks will win most 1v1`s when it comes down to full builds.

Hint hint buy a Rylai

Okay, apparently I have to spell it out for people who can`t think outside the box. The Rylai gives more damage on a person with no resistances, more hp to take damage which works well with other tanky items, and it gives a slow that you can use every 3 seconds that keeps Vayne right in front of you.

TanChi

05-08-2013

its possible, thornmail would wreck vayne.

IAmTheOneWhoNocs

05-08-2013

yeah it could happen, it isn't as set in stone like kassadin or leblanc vs a mage.

FreeGothitelle

05-08-2013

Quote:
TanChi:
its possible, thornmail would wreck vayne.

It's called lifesteal.

And I'd be interested in how a shen intends to reach vayne with her movespeed from PD, Tumble, Condemn, stealth, etc.
Maybe if she stands next to him and lets him taunt her he could win, idk.

Bekkal

05-08-2013

Shen can beat Vayne 1v1 if he builds to do that. I wouldn't build to do that, but it's one option.

Midnight Firefox

05-08-2013

Quote:
Bekkal:
Shen can beat Vayne 1v1 if he builds to do that. I wouldn't build to do that, but it's one option.

Um..

Care to expand on how? You're going to need more than Thornmail and assuming both champs have full builds Vayne's damage output will be tremendous.

Vae Victis

Recruiter

05-08-2013

Bruisers and tanks will generally beat AD carries 1v1 (assuming they build as they normally do in 5v5 games). You gain a lot more tankiness from items than damage. Bruisers/tanks would be able to take down the ADC's low HP pool with their base damages.

Sure Vayne will be doing lots of damage, but Shen has far more health/armor. Sure Shen won't do a lot of damage, but Vayne likely has at most one defensive item.

Delimon

05-08-2013

Mercs, Rylai, Thornmail, Omen, Zhonya, Gunblade (Does more good than Wota). There. You just beat Vayne.