More Elise Nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolth

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdragon481 View Post
But she doesn't have constant harass........she runs out of mana very quickly if she tries to harass often. The only reason I can think of is because they moved damage to her Q, they want to attach a little more risk for using the damage.
I agree, people think she has alot of harass but her only harass is her W in human form, when the spider is released it follows the enemy champion and that player usually runs toward their team so their whole team takes dmg cuz its an aoe skill. The only reason why people want to nerf her is because they dont understand her skills and think that she is "OP" why do you think riot put a super long cd on rappel? she is vulnerable after using it and people dont take advantage of that

RaptoRGmo7

05-09-2013

nid and elise nerf but no jayce :P

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-09-2013

theyve been nerfing champs that have escape abilities that give them defensive stats. They also have been wanting to increase her risk because she's a mageassassin and mageassassins always have risk

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptoRGmo7 View Post
nid and elise nerf but no jayce :P
jayce is a fighter and doesnt get anywhere near the defensive hotsauce elise gets (consider the spiders and sustained speed boost and rappel and the fact she can switch after she stuns you)

RaptoRGmo7

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
jayce is a fighter and doesnt get anywhere near the defensive hotsauce elise gets (consider the spiders and sustained speed boost and rappel and the fact she can switch after she stuns you)
the change form, nid and elise, no more def and mr but jayce still have bonus in hammer form e_e

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptoRGmo7 View Post
the change form, nid and elise, no more def and mr but jayce still have bonus in hammer form e_e
jayce just gets 1.25 MR per level just like every other cookie cutter melee bruiser. Because that's what he is. elise and nidalee are not fighter champs and are balanced very differently.

nid got hers because of a design philosophy from forever ago but it turns out she doesnt really need it and it was thematically unsexy.

elise is a mageassassin and mageassassins are the class that pretty much celebrates risk/reward. In exchange they do some of the silliest tricks in the game.

ArcticSirius

05-09-2013

I've played against plenty of Elise, and I find that they actually need the extra armor/mr. If she losses that, it's not gonna be interesting to anymore imo. And then AP/AS Elise will go the way of AD Nid.

The Quinn Show

05-09-2013

It's hard to think of a better ganker than Elise if you were thinking of fair mechanics. I haven't played her so feel free to correct me. I think she is fine, slightly op with a really good player. That stun is game over for any single lane champ.

Let's make a champion that...
- Has a decent range 1.5s? stun
- Can instantly travel across the screen (best escape and gap closer?)
- Can obliterate anyone squishy
- Has melee attack to counterbalance the op stun and mobility
- But let's give her a less powerful ranged attack just for giggles.

She needs nothing but more damage nerfs. Her potential to gank lanes is just unreal. Hard champ to balance without people complaining. Bads will always cry when damage changes either direction, but really its just her mechanics that are op in laning phase.

"Lol noob so op that champ isnt fair" would probably be the response.

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticSirius View Post
I've played against plenty of Elise, and I find that they actually need the extra armor/mr. If she losses that, it's not gonna be interesting to anymore imo. And then AP/AS Elise will go the way of AD Nid.
mage assassins have always been high risk, high reward.

Elise does not NEED this, she can put it to good use though. Last I checked nid only lost popularity not viability. Good nid players werent diving like fools into teamfights anyways

Danica1708

05-09-2013

I don't see what the big deal about this is. The armor and Magic Resist that's given isn't that much, and I don't think it will change her gameplay much if at all. I have never even noticed the difference in the damage taken between forms anyway, so if it's unnoticeable, why does it matter? I don't really get the big 'omg she's ruined!!! QQ' threads, when it's not noticeable.... What's the big deal?