anyone play age of wushu..?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrikon

05-08-2013

if so whats it like?

Burk

05-08-2013

IGN has a review out giving it a 7, apparently it gets good a few hours in and is decent worth a try at least if you think it might be something you could get into.

GeneralFailur3

05-08-2013

I saw a thread from some Gamestop employee. He hates this game. The company apparantly tries to rip you of for every single penny. They d eat your bones for some dollars.

Dont buy it.

Burk

05-08-2013

You dont have to buy it, it is free to play...

Warrikon

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralFailur3 View Post
I saw a thread from some Gamestop employee. He hates this game. The company apparantly tries to rip you of for every single penny. They d eat your bones for some dollars.

Dont buy it.
same with like every other mmo....

your point?

The only exception I could find in that argument is guild wars 2... but I don't like that game very much.

also yeah, its free.

BestBilbo

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrikon View Post

your point?

The only exception I could find in that argument is guild wars 2... but I don't like that game very much.

also yeah, its free.
I was about to say ''Guildwars 2'' but there, you said it. Let me add that I feel GWII is currently the best MMO out there.

To be honest, it takes some time getting used due to being innovative and not having the holy trinity (set roles; healer, tank, dps) like in traditional MMO's.

But around level 30, where you are able to do the first dungeon. Heck, it gets immensely fun. An expierence no other MMO could possibly offer, not on that level.

Warrikon

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
I was about to say ''Guildwars 2'' but there, you said it. Let me add that I feel GWII is currently the best MMO out there.

To be honest, it takes some time getting used due to being innovative and not having the holy trinity (set roles; healer, tank, dps) like in traditional MMO's.

But around level 30, where you are able to do the first dungeon. Heck, it gets immensely fun. An expierence no other MMO could possibly offer, not on that level.
from what I know, Age of wushu isn't anything like the holy trinity, its just a very complex and difficult game + player driven, often referred as the 'eve online of kung fu'

and what are those dungeons like anyway

GeneralFailur3

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrikon View Post

your point?

also yeah, its free.
I do not know much about it, just that someone who is highly likely to be informed about it absolutly hates it with all his might. I just wanted to throw it in. If I find the thread for you I ll link it...maybe that explains more. Sorry. Bit tired ):

Edit: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...rk+at+gamestop <<< There you go.

Edit2: Could be arsed too find the paragraph^^:

REEDITED EDIT EDIT MAN: EDIT: STORY TIME 5 (a personal story that means a lot to me).

Age of Wushu. Do not play or pay for this game. I, and a few others, have personally been hurt by it. I have also personally lost real life money on it (and they got my card info stolen too. GG Snail USA). They're doing nothing to fix it. (Link should be fixed... may require a login to view, though, since they apparently changed that)

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/vie...7940&start=160

Copying and pasting the link into the browser seems to work, clicking on it does not.

If you want to see what I've compiled: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-FC...it?usp=sharing (it's a rar of the thread saved as far as I could get. I apologize that it gets a little unorganized after page 8 - I was banned by then and the rest was sent to me).

Not interested in the thread all pretty? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-FC...it?usp=sharing should offer just the raw htm without the assets. Only kept the assets on the original for authenticity.

Read what happened there, if you'd like. I can't personally follow the thread anymore as they banned me, but as of 4/29/2013 at 5:08 PM EST, it was up according to several of my friends.

Long story short, the game does not encrypt data. So hackers can easily access your account. The company lets you buy in game currency - gold (like RP). However, you can convert gold into Liangs (like IP). SO hackers can take the currency you actually bought (for things like mounts and the like), convert it to in-game gold, and ship it away. This happened to a LOT of people all at once, and is STILL happening. In waves.

Snail said they will reimburse no-one, that its our fault we got hacked. When someone pointed out they were not even using HTTPS for logins, they got banned.

They've been banning people left and right for complaining, until the thread blew up too big to sweep it under the rug. They put in an automated script in the game to "catch" gold sellers - but it picks up anyone who makes enough money in a short period of time... perma-banning legit players as well.

A lot of players lost actual money on this game, and the company refuses to take any responsibilty, despite the mountain of evidence.

This is my personal, friendly, sincere warning: Do not play it.
And this is my personal, begging, sincere request: Do not play it or support this company. And please spread this around. The only chance of us getting any kind of restitution is if this company gets enough pressure And since I'm a GameStop employee, I really kinda need my money. A lot. T_T
Its a long thread, but I think its also a fun read. If you cba with it, sorry for wasting your time.

Chocoßo

05-08-2013

it's boring as hell, no sense of progression and it's all about pvp, but there's no reward for killing people at all, so it's overall a pointless existence of a "game"

like skills might be cool if they didn't cap how much exp you could gain in them per day

Warrikon

05-08-2013

thanks!