My thoughts on Elo hell from a Bronze 5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter the Teddy

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgenoriginal View Post
so your saying that afk's and trolls have no affect on trying to get out of bronze V?
No they do. You get MORE points then you lose because of them, statistically speaking. Which doesn't matter unless the entire system is designed around statistics. Oh wait, it is!

Mach1av3ll1

05-10-2013

Everyone says statistically but it really comes off as a buzz word. Ranked is an aggregate of play, not individual instances. Therefore your team will have a 4:5 probability of having trolls and afks compared to the enemy team as you play more games. Assuming you never troll or afk. Therefore it's actually a net benefit for you as the system effectively rewards you for not trolling. Focus on your lane and what you're doing Wrong and you'll improve

xgenoriginal

05-10-2013

People keep saying that statistically you benefit from afks trolls and the like and when people try to dispute this they get lambasted for not understanding the term statistically. I think however it is them that dont understand the meaning of that word , If i take a coin and flip it ten times statistically it will land on heads 5 times and tails 5 times in reality however statistics mean little i just flipped that coin and had a tally of 7/3 do you get what im saying?

Cavo

05-10-2013

Is that a veiled excuse for being 37-70? It was all the afk'ers amirite?

Mach1av3ll1

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgenoriginal View Post
People keep saying that statistically you benefit from afks trolls and the like and when people try to dispute this they get lambasted for not understanding the term statistically. I think however it is them that dont understand the meaning of that word , If i take a coin and flip it ten times statistically it will land on heads 5 times and tails 5 times in reality however statistics mean little i just flipped that coin and had a tally of 7/3 do you get what im saying?
And our point is that ranked play is an aggregate of 100s of games played in a season not 10s of games. As your coin flips get closer to infinity the ratio will become infinitely closer to 50%. In the same spirit as your games played get higher and higher the impact of the error term gets minimized and the ratio becomes closer to 4:5. Look at me, putting that Econ degree to work

Tál

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1av3ll1 View Post
And our point is that ranked play is an aggregate of 100s of games played in a season not 10s of games. As your coin flips get closer to infinity the ratio will become infinitely closer to 50%. In the same spirit as your games played get higher and higher the impact of the error term gets minimized and the ratio becomes closer to 4:5. Look at me, putting that Econ degree to work
but sir, what about the feeders

xgenoriginal

05-13-2013

I ****ing give up im sick of this **** just keep playing more and more games with players who cant understand the game im talking people who ignore my ward vision and repeated warnings to go back im talking 30 seconds to start walking but who do nothing and die im going back to normal or dota till riot figures out a way to rix this ****ing ranked . whats is the reason someone on 0LP shouldn't troll and feed and why would I bother playing when one person can throw away 2 hours of work and leave me at best with no loss or gain and usually losing 10 Ip whats the point the average player I meet is in the same position but it seems like 1/8 people enjoy not saying a single word and throwing games and whats worse is the ones who dont know what a support is . I had one player who was meant to be support but decided hey im last pick and support so i should pick nasus and go top , he won his lane 2/1 and procceded to spend the rest of the game talking about how good he was and how **** bottom was doing with no support only with me (yi) and trist bot .

Gabelous

05-13-2013

The real problem?

100 games

If you haven't played close to 100 games in ranked, you're just whining for the sake of whining. There's something to said for experience in ranked, and until you get close to the 100-game mark you won't know. Even the Throne-Sitters "advice (which is ultimately a mix of "get better yourself" and "don't die so much") doesn't really do anything. And let's be honest, the Throne-Sitters are simply Bronze-Whiners who figured it out. They aren't as concerned with getting that much better because if they were, they wouldn't be trolling the forums nearly as much as they do.

The real issue if you have to figure out what you specifically do wrong in games and fix it. And that could be a plethora of possible problems. Too aggressive, or aggressive enough, ignore towers for kills, not being able to deal with counter-picks, no map awareness, prone to tower-diving, being "late" for teamfights to pad your KDA.

YOU need to figure out what YOU are doing wrong and fix it, only then will be start to progress. I personally haven't fixed everything about my playing but I have gotten better. After placing in Bronze 4 I was quickly demoted to Bronze 5. And now, close to 95 games in, I'm realizing the problems. And raging on leavers/AFK'ers and trolls doesn't solve anything. So far I'm on a 7-win streak, and gotten 15 - 20 LP a win and got to my promo series in that. My problem is 6 of those 7 wins were due to AFK'ers on the other side and even a Silver 5 troll, so I don't know if I won those games because I was better or because I had an advantage in the team numbers.

All said and done it's MY fault I'm here and no one else's, and you just need to keep playing games to figure out the little nuances to the game that no amount of advice will solve for you.

Daind

06-23-2014

All you people who say it's easy to get out of bronze five have never had to deal with bronze 5. It's not about carrying you team its about getting lucky enough to not get a troll who wont go a certain place because he wants to lose it for us. Or a jerk who goes AP Twitch top, or an afk, or just some one who feeds the enemy adc because they find it funny to waste people time.

I'd like to see riot implement something that bans these players for a set number of days...because they are toxic it's not fair for the rest of us. if you lose a set amount of games in bronze 5 you should just be banned to draft games until you figure out what the **** you are doing...It's so enjoyable to play draft games but they dont get me anywhere. I just want to be able to play with my bro and his elo without getting trolled every other game. he's diamond 1.

...and yes I realize my stats suck its something I need to work on.

BUT I SHOULDNT have to deal with these troll 12 y/o's and waste 30-40-50+ minutes of my time to just get train wreaked by a fed xin or zed.

Yeah pinging also doesnt work for these guys either I will buy 3 or four wards just to create some vision on the field and people still walk into a group of enemies. It's like they do it on purpose riot needs to figure out a way how to train people before getting into ranked. remind them to look at their map. ANd that it's not only the support or jungles job to ward. And that team fights arent everything should always have a split push in order.

Ricci15

06-23-2014

i got placed in bronze 5, and i must say its easy to get out of if you really do deserve it. What I did to get out is just play fizz every game(my favorite champ). No matter what, even if the picked ryze first. I went about 30-12 in my trip to silver with him, and it really shows if you just play on champ as much as you possibly can and actually strive to get better(IE: not just listen to helpful videos and agree, then continue playing the same, but rather take the advice and run with it). If you really do try, and you really deserve it, you can win any game. I've won plenty of 5v4's and even 5v3's in bronze(now silver 3, peak silver 2)