My thoughts on Elo hell from a Bronze 5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xgenoriginal

05-07-2013

After playing a couple of games of LoL years ago I decided to create a new account and stick with it . After a couple of months I had reached level 30 . I immediately jumped into ranked ( why wouldn't I it was a game mode I had been denied so I wanted to get into it) in my placement matches i Only won 2 or 3 and was put into bronze 4 .I then proceeded to lose 4 games in a row and got demoted to Bronze 5 okay I thought I can dig myself out.

Then it started . I proceeded to the pits of Bronze 5 first I didn't find it that bad ,id win 1 lose 2 win 1 dealing with the trolls and the afks because i didn't really care and then some patch made the game unstable on my rig and so it crashed randomly in game so id hurriedly reconnect but eventually this led to me getting banned for afk for a while .

In that ban time I decided to get out of Bronze so I watched pro players read the forums and guides on the game and picked some champs i wanted to focus on . Upon my return I won a couple of games first of and found my self with 40 points .I thought to myself okay good start and then got hit with the trolls and dropped a couple of games and then I hit my stride got 3 wins in a row and coasted to 60 points sweet okay

This is when I started to believe in elo hell .the last 2 games I played wow ... me twisted fate and team decided to take our blue the other team invaded and scored 4 kills as half the team ran off and Teemo was sitting top by himself because i quote "im top you idiot" okay not the end of the world? apparently it was the rest of the team started saying its over and the top and the jungle started crying about the lack of a tank and that she had no smite me and the mid Morgana fight on but we are overwhelmed and we lose me finishing 7/8/9 not to bad considering .

Next game I take support Kayle as last pick .with Cait as my adc . Okay game starts help leash wolves and blue for smiteless warwick and head to bot. Oh wait cait is afk (lets out deep sigh) well we are screwed unless she comes back quick . I try to hold bot solo but leak a kill 10 minutes later of them ahead by 3 or so kills cait comes online .(okay we may have a chance) boy was I wrong she procceded to give 13 kills for 0 (and as our adc decided to build ap) and only got some assists because she tried to ks . WW procceded to go watch tv while the enemy team gloated and refused to report her because cait was doing such a good job and the adc said "im in a series so i wont have to deal with her again" after I said "imagine if shes on your team next match" we lost and im down to 28 points

I honestly dont know how to get out everytime I pull ahead im brought back down by trolls and afk's I try to review my mistakes but LoL replay wont let me watch a replay im good at last hitting and im always there for teamfights and 75% of the time I win the lane but it feels like it means nothing at all . I have a limited set of champs to use and I have to sink every single IP i get into building runes .How am I meant to progress if every second game i encounter a troll, think tank teemo and 1/10 vayne , the 18/0 swain on the other team thanks to mid and jungle and them complaining that the enemy team is playing noob champs .

How do I get out

Baxter the Teddy

05-07-2013

First off, the enemy team gets more trolls and AFKs, That's statistics.

Secondly, you have A LOT of deaths. Just in your match history, minus the ARAM (i'm including the normals) you have a ton of deaths. Like, 6 minimum (except for one where you went 8/0)

Thirdly, your CS needs work. 100 cs at 30 mins is low.

This is the place to start.

Tál

05-07-2013

Start blaming yourself, then you can progress

xgenoriginal

05-08-2013

yea just trying out new champs in normal but its hard not to leak kills constanly when i have to fight against someone with a BF sword by 7 minutes
just played 2 mores games lost the first I played ****
second victory due to enemy afk in the end of the game (i played well)

Liceomlett

05-08-2013

You can't just blame others. Looking at your ranked stats;

You were once the 1-16 annie
You were once the 2-11 Mordekaiser
You were once the 2-9 Nidalee
You were once the 1-8 Ryze
You were once the 0-10 Tryndamere
You were once the 2-8 vayne

All of those games you had little-no cs. (50 something as morde, like seriously)
Start blaming yourself for your losses and look to how you can improve your individual game. Dying less and CSing better would be the place to start. It isn't always just your teammates fault.

xgenoriginal

05-08-2013

my recent stats are much better after I came back from my leaverbuster ban

Mawile Waifu

05-08-2013

It would really help to actually use websites such as lolpro or solomid to find builds, your builds are just not good. and blame yourself.

Cavo

05-08-2013

You are currently 33-75. Until those two numbers are even you will never leave bronze 5.

xgenoriginal

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFG KawaiiRice View Post
It would really help to actually use websites such as lolpro or solomid to find builds, your builds are just not good. and blame yourself.
could you elaborate with champs and offending items? I really do want to get better

AngryW0mbat

05-09-2013

It took me about 50 wins before I started making progress towards getting out of bronze (still not there). But cavo and tal are right. you need to have around a 50% win/loss ratio in order to move up faster. And you gotta blame yourself for every loss, its the only way to get better. Also, it looks like you play a ton of different champs in a bunch of different roles. Try focusing on only a few champs per role and get extremely good with them.