Nocturne balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimyripper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth Control View Post
So I recently started to play nocturne again after buying the Eternum Nocturne skin, and he kinda went down the drain after they nerfed his ult a while back. His kit seems to be lacking something to actually be an efficient jungler. At Plat V I can't even win a game with him because it's too hard to gank with him Pre-6 and even after level 6 because he lacks consistent damage in a 1v1 or the ability to engage on an opponent without his ult. I know that nocturne can be just as strong as any other jungler but he relies too much on snowballing and his builds usually can only go one way --> (All AD, Tank)

I just think the damage on some of his skills lack a bit of extra potency that could make him one of the stronger junglers in the game again (or at least more balanced).

First off, his Q. Although the Attack Damage and MS bonus is nice, it lacks a bit of damage on targets. I feel like if Riot lowered the CD to like 7 seconds-->6seconds-->5seconds, maybe lower the bonus AD and buff the base damage and increase the AD ratio a little bit, it might turn out better for clearing the jungle, being able to chase more, and making it easier in team fights.

His W (Spell Shield) is really alright, but half the times I actually use it, I feel like the attack speed bonus doesn't really have any purpose because I mostly use it to dodge skill shots. Maybe change it so it refunds the mana back.

His E, is pretty much garbage when it comes to damage and usefulness. Due to its lack of range and initial damage, everyone who plays nocturne knows the only usefulness is it's 1.5 second fear. If you compare it to LeBlanc's E or Karma's E, both of them actually have a solid range and do a solid amount of damage. On the other hand, Nocturne's E, even at max level, does like 20 magic damage over 3 seconds, with a range which can be avoided by running the opposite way. A solution to this might be changing the concept of it to more like LeBlanc's and Karma's E. Maybe change it to a skill shot, give it a longer range, change the scaling from AP to AD, increase the base damage, and make it so targets get damaged from the initial impact and from the fear after being in range for 2 seconds.

His ult, still extremely cool and is like one of the few things on nocturne that make him a good jungler. Even though its range got nerfed, it still has a good range when it comes to ganking/finishing kills.

His passive, although Nocturne's passive is pretty balanced, it kinda seems like it lacks damage or the heal isn't as powerful. Maybe if Riot changed it so more bonus damage is made to the target attacked, and surrounding enemies only receive a basic attack. Also, maybe lowering the CD to like 5 seconds, depending on champion level, could also make it easier to clear the jungle without making it overwhelmingly OP.

Kinda seems like Nocturne has more potential for a kit as unique as his, from a jungler standpoint, but his damage and kind of high cds screw him over a little bit.
I was just about to make a nocturne post myself! The timing was impeccable. I strongly agree with all your points, even when i was fed, i still didnt feel like he was anything potent. The problem also is that his abilities shred his mana pool like no tomorrow. Even though they dont do much half the time, they still drain him unless you have Golem buff. I love his passive.

His jungling speed is actually not bad at all, he clears jungle with relative ease and speed, usually one shot the mini wraiths with my passive . He def needs some buffs.

Zethuro

05-09-2013

Bump

Zethuro

05-09-2013

bump

Zethuro

05-10-2013

Bump

Killawar

05-10-2013

Bump

Jarirk

05-10-2013

Not much nocturne love :/.

Cindikle

05-10-2013

What if:
They made his shield a passive(works like Banshee's Veil).
-While this may seem OP, it removes his ability to control it.
Put his charge to where his shield was. His charge can only be used on targets effected by other abilities.
-Can have the ranged reduced for non ult version, but still slightly long as it has to also hit his Q. Like Lee Sin's. Damage reduced, again increased while ult in use. Also the higher range is for the fact it costs 2 spells to use.
Put his passive as an effect that procs when he attacks a target effected by his Q.
-This helps him top as he can control how easily he pushes the lane.
Put the heal with his fear. Change it so that the first attack on a fear target heals him for a % of his max HP.
-This keep his jungle decent, but gives him something for when he builds tanky(and he usually has to build at least somewhat tanky).

Sauron the Evil

05-14-2013

he needs a boost, i played him for a month now, and i noticed that my ulti, upgraded to the fullest, does not to anything but a suicide dive. I like him a lot, but he needs a bump. then at least there will be a chance of having a good game.

Invictrix

05-14-2013

He definitely isn't a strong pick in the jungle. I would definitely support him getting buffed as I would love to be able to use my Eternum Nocturne skin.

He just needs some more damage worked into his kit.

playingfire138

05-14-2013

bump