Nocturne balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarirk

05-07-2013

Definitely in agreement here. I still love playing the champ and love his all in style. But outside of his ult he really lacks the utility to make this work. I loved most of your ideas.

In my opinion his passive is fine, but i would maybe like to see the damage/heal being multiplied, albeit just a little, if there are no other targets (including minions) around.

The Q idea i agree on, it could use a slight on hit damage increase but the passive buffs are fine.

His W would def be great if you had the mana refunded.

In my opinion his E is the main problem. Unless the champ just stands there and goes toe to toe with you it really is barely effective. When they nerfed him they actually nerfed the range on this ability. Before it was just a tad bit too long and almost always went off even if you flashed. But now its just too easy to outrange, particularly since most of the champions (particularly) the ones at higher ranks have gap closer/breakers. Honestly if they just added a 20% slow to it or changed the damage to on hit it it would be much more reliable.

His R the only thing that I find annoying is the amount of time between when it is activated, when it is used, and when you finally arrive. If they just buffed the flight speed I would be happy.

TLR give me a better E and i think this would make him much more manageable.

Arkara73

05-07-2013

Nocturne definitely needs a buff. I think that his ganking potential is decent but it could be a lot better. His ult at lvl 1 is just so pathetic. That makes it even harder for him to gank successfully. So yeah a buff would be nice.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2013

I'm not that good at him (or jungling in general) by any means.

But I do feel like there is a huge "why pick him" feel, because there isn't that much he does better.
The passive feels a little non-existant at times (at others it's great), and the rest of his kit, whilst powerful, just feels like it falls off.

You play someone like Hec and you can't go wrong. He almost always carry the game full time, or is relevant. Maybe it's just me but after early to mid game goes by, Nocturne becomes so bland. His damage keeps falling off, and the only really useful thing I've used him for so far is the ult for initiating, or using my E to peel for the ADC since diving for the enemy ADC/APC nowadays isn't a good idea.

Zethuro

05-07-2013

bump

Jarirk

05-07-2013

He definitely needs some small tweak buffs. Most melee champs in this game don't have complete commit styles. The only ones that come to mind are tryndamere, olaf and fiora. Tryndamere and fiora both have either antideath/disorentating ults and olaf is super tanky. Yeah Noct's ult gives blindness, but he doesn't have the burst to bring down anyone in his ult time and in team fights everyones grouped together anyway which makes his ult almost pointless except for some extra dmg.

Zethuro

05-08-2013

bump

RaptoRGmo7

05-08-2013

CDR in R

Ike Mercenaries

05-08-2013

I agree that he needs a buff. In most games i've played as him, i just get jumped on as soon as i zoom to someone with my ult, since noc is a bit squishy. Maybe his ult should stun the target he ults to? Also i feel like if the enemy breaks the E tether, they still should be slowed or something.

RaptoRGmo7

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Mercenaries View Post
I agree that he needs a buff. In most games i've played as him, i just get jumped on as soon as i zoom to someone with my ult, since noc is a bit squishy. Maybe his ult should stun the target he ults to? Also i feel like if the enemy breaks the E tether, they still should be slowed or something.

LOL? stun and fear? noo super op xD noc is fine he just need CDR in R

Jarirk

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptoRGmo7 View Post
LOL? stun and fear? noo super op xD noc is fine he just need CDR in R
The problem doesn't lie in the long CD on his ult, globals/miniglobals should have long CDs. The problem is the fact that Nocturne basically relies on his ult to make a successful gank. It's not mandatory obviously, but