Nocturne balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zethuro

05-07-2013

So I recently started to play nocturne again after buying the Eternum Nocturne skin, and he kinda went down the drain after they nerfed his ult a while back. His kit seems to be lacking something to actually be an efficient jungler. At Plat V I can't even win a game with him because it's too hard to gank with him Pre-6 and even after level 6 because he lacks consistent damage in a 1v1 or the ability to engage on an opponent without his ult. I know that nocturne can be just as strong as any other jungler but he relies too much on snowballing and his builds usually can only go one way --> (All AD, Tank)

I just think the damage on some of his skills lack a bit of extra potency that could make him one of the stronger junglers in the game again (or at least more balanced).

First off, his Q. Although the Attack Damage and MS bonus is nice, it lacks a bit of damage on targets. I feel like if Riot lowered the CD to like 7 seconds-->6seconds-->5seconds, maybe lower the bonus AD and buff the base damage and increase the AD ratio a little bit, it might turn out better for clearing the jungle, being able to chase more, and making it easier in team fights.

His W (Spell Shield) is really alright, but half the times I actually use it, I feel like the attack speed bonus doesn't really have any purpose because I mostly use it to dodge skill shots. Maybe change it so it refunds the mana back.

His E, is pretty much garbage when it comes to damage and usefulness. Due to its lack of range and initial damage, everyone who plays nocturne knows the only usefulness is it's 1.5 second fear. If you compare it to LeBlanc's E or Karma's E, both of them actually have a solid range and do a solid amount of damage. On the other hand, Nocturne's E, even at max level, does like 20 magic damage over 3 seconds, with a range which can be avoided by running the opposite way. A solution to this might be changing the concept of it to more like LeBlanc's and Karma's E. Maybe change it to a skill shot, give it a longer range, change the scaling from AP to AD, increase the base damage, and make it so targets get damaged from the initial impact and from the fear after being in range for 2 seconds.

His ult, still extremely cool and is like one of the few things on nocturne that make him a good jungler. Even though its range got nerfed, it still has a good range when it comes to ganking/finishing kills.

His passive, although Nocturne's passive is pretty balanced, it kinda seems like it lacks damage or the heal isn't as powerful. Maybe if Riot changed it so more bonus damage is made to the target attacked, and surrounding enemies only receive a basic attack. Also, maybe lowering the CD to like 5 seconds, depending on champion level, could also make it easier to clear the jungle without making it overwhelmingly OP.

Kinda seems like Nocturne has more potential for a kit as unique as his, from a jungler standpoint, but his damage and kind of high cds screw him over a little bit.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2013

He is balanced but more on the weak side of things. He doesnt bring much utility as a jungle and his ult suicides him. His damage is also on the weak side.

Zethuro

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
He is balanced but more on the weak side of things. He doesnt bring much utility as a jungle and his ult suicides him. His damage is also on the weak side.
He just lacks damage amd ganking ability compared to other junglers i.e. volibear, hecarim, nautilus, etc.

DaEMoN MiKoLaS

05-07-2013

I can't say I know what was changed for sure on Nocturne, I had quit the game for over 1.5 years and came back this year. I used to main Nocturne back then, and came back to see that he indeed has been changed (I miss the days when his ult range was larger, it was also standard to get banshee's back then for the double spell block).

I noticed he's a lot less stable, you're either going to have a horrible game with him, or carry the team up to mid game (before it goes off to late game). He doesn't recover from a bad start at all, he has to do well early/mid game or you're definitely going to be in that late game 5 v 5 situation being pushed back in your base and all you can do is shoot your pathetic q during that 3 minute hovering phase and then ult suicide when the massive cho, darius, fed adc, etc jump in cuz you know it's over (some of you guys know what I'm talking about).

All in all, I still do really well with Nocturne 3+:1 kd ratio at least, but he's definitely not as useful as he used to be. Now you just have to shine during that early/mid game phase and completely rely on the adc to take care of late game.

Npll02

05-07-2013

bump

Zethuro

05-07-2013

bump

Saint Doomey

05-07-2013

I've mained nocturne since I started playing LoL. what he really needs is either A: a lower cooldown/lower mana cost on his q, or B: up the range on his E to about..575? 600? or lower his ult cooldown...that would be nice.

Odynoll

05-07-2013

I think Nocturne could maybe use a buff, but he's still pretty well balanced right now. Sure he's a niche pick but not every champ fits every comp.

Bronze Dagger

05-07-2013

Bump,
Nocturne needs a buff

Zethuro

05-07-2013

bump