Mmorpgs worth playing 2013 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EksuEith

05-07-2013

Any good tips ?The only thing i have instaled is Gw2 but gets boring really fast.

Caítlyn

05-07-2013

Tera
It has lolis

Purikura

05-07-2013

Wildstar!

Kentagram

05-07-2013

I heard World of Warcraft is good.

Midnight Firefox

05-07-2013

Scarlet blade. Huehuehue.

But in all seriousness, Elder Scrolls is coming out in the next month or so, I think. :v
Also, try poking some of the other stuff, like Forsaken World, Tera, Perfect World, ect.

Edzter

05-07-2013

The thing about mmorpgs, its not just because its 2013
But some of is, me being one of them, grew up on a certain MMO, some on runescape, others on wow, others on maplestory and so on and so forth

To experience an mmo in its full potential you have to devote years, and if you are 18+ i doubt you will be able to do that

EksuEith

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalusc View Post
I heard World of Warcraft is good.
I really don't want to destroy my life

A bouncy Furret

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purikura View Post
Wildstar!
This.

This.

THIS.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

GW2 made me a little hyped because the game's structure looked interesting, but ended up being a disappointment.

The hype-r-drive has been overloaded by Wildstar however. Benefits for exploring? AN ACTUAL DEV-ACKNOWLEDGED WAY TO DICK AROUND THE WORLD AND FIND AWESOME THINGS?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Faaaaaa

Adumu

05-07-2013

Well, there are two that I've taken up recently. Neverwinter and Ragnarok Online 2.

Neverwinter is based on DnD, so there's that. It's also got a system that lets you create your own dungeons/questlines which is absolutely badass (Need to get a character to level 15 first to use it.)

It's free to play, you get 2 character slots to use, there is no Archer class (yet. Might be one later.) but there is a wizard, a swordn'board tank, a Great weapon user, a priest, and a thief. Character customization is good, storyline is good, actual combat is good, and I'm pretty sure it has a built in voice chat for parties... I think. Have to check that one.

RO2 is an anime/cartoony style MMO, but it's a decent way to blow some time. Good character customization, good variety of classes (five classes, archer/warrior/rogue/priest/wizard but with each of them splitting into two classes at level 25 when you change proffessions.) From what I've seen, you shouldn't end up with like 30 skills that you'll never use because there aren't that many. The proffession system is easy to use and not terrible time consuming, so far, and level cap is like 50.

Both are good games, and I'd recommend either of them.

ChocolateMang0

05-07-2013

Neverwinter is the most pay to win bull**** you can imagine, 160 dollars for fusing a greater enchantment together. Any game by Perfect World Entertainment is a cash grab, so Forsaken World etc are all there to take your money.

Tera's combat mechanics are the best you'll find in any MMO but the game is super grindy. If you can take the grind its a really rewarding game.

I'm leveling up in Neverwinter to kill time until Wildstar comes out.