Westrice/Bythenumbers vs HotshotGG/Hybrid Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fahgettaboudit

11-14-2010

Seen two schools of thought on how to build akali.

The akali by the numbers theory/mathcraft runs:

DoransPot (using runes to activate both disciples) -> Sheen -> l1boots -> Mejais / Hextech -> Rylais -> Lichbane

Then lategame whatever, maybe a zhonyas or a banshees. Runes are ArPen and enough ADMG for a dorans to activate the passive and then w/e you want.

Watching HotshotGG's stream he heavily recommends:

DoransPot -> Merc Treads -> Guinsoos -> Rylais -> GA

Any thoughts on this? To my eyes:
Laning you should be only lasthitting
Teamfights you should be in and out, not getting cc'd or focused
Ganking - well, maybe you'll be AA'ing for a bit.
Tower pushing - well here you'll be aaing a lot

So guinsoos is basically a waste of time - no?

imhuge

11-14-2010

I always rush Rylai's cause it counters Ghost/Flash a little

Doran-Merc-Guinsoo looks a lot like a Nidalee build...Akali can't really keep up stacks without enemies around

Silverdevilboy

11-14-2010

guinsoos is flat out amazingly cost-effective, and when it comes down to it, akali will be dropping about 8 abilities and attacks in a very short time under shroud.

However, no sheen makes it a bad build. Sheen is worth it alone, let alone lichbane after some AP.

Marius Caesar

11-14-2010

I tried bythenumbers... hell it's what made me main Akali.
But i find it's just more survivability and less wasted gold early game just to get giant's belt and blasting wand after boots and climb to Rylai's first... and just do a straight run for Lichbane after that starting with sheen.
And looking at Westrice's build i dont think he goes for sheen or revolver early game and also bee-lines Rylai's

Fahgettaboudit

11-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Caesar View Post
I tried bythenumbers... hell it's what made me main Akali.
But i find it's just more survivability and less wasted gold early game just to get giant's belt and blasting wand after boots and climb to Rylai's first... and just do a straight run for Lichbane after that starting with sheen.
And looking at Westrice's build i dont think he goes for sheen or revolver early game and also bee-lines Rylai's
Doesn't your damage get really pretty awful? If you go rylai first you're going to be a long time before you can pump out a decent combination. How do you feel about sheen -> rylais and miss out a hextech or a mejais?

Aetherstorm

11-14-2010

i go sheen first then rylais, i dont get a mejais usually, id rather not rely on snowball items
my build is usually dorans blade for the passive, then sheen, boots, rylais, lichbane, zhonyas, gunblade

CudgeltheClever

11-14-2010

Westrice is the best akali in the game 2nd to none
http://www.own3d.tv/video/39867/_Sol...ice_mega_kser_
^ roku stream watch the akali

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2010

Rageblade needs time/charge to be fully effective, something Akali do not have.
(Burst and run, maintaining rage charge means you are sticking out too long)
I've seen both pro/con and Rageblade is not the right item to get.

Swolegantor

11-15-2010

I think rylais is akalis #1 item. Your burst is huge if you max q first and sticking to the opponent and landing multiple q's is alot more important then doing maybe an extra 60 or so dmg by rushing a rageblade first.

I personally go Dorans blade/boots/Rylais/sheen then make up my mind about what is next depending on the other team.

Swolegantor

11-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahgettaboudit View Post
Doesn't your damage get really pretty awful? If you go rylai first you're going to be a long time before you can pump out a decent combination. How do you feel about sheen -> rylais and miss out a hextech or a mejais?
with a rylais they are NOT getting away. Sure your a bursting for a slightly less (not much that early in a game) however you are making up for it by sticking to a target like glue and having decent survivability.