God Bless America.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JryiahSmurf

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbasaur Man View Post
What the **** is this? I don't play league to read this ******ry.

It appears that faith in God offends you.

You are by no means forced to read or comment on my thread. If you disagree you can go to a different thread.

theiratealpaca

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JryiahSmurf View Post
The land where I am not discriminated against for my faith in God.
Unless your from Westboro Baptist in which case you become the laughing stock of the internet and most of the world.

JryiahSmurf

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiratealpaca View Post
Unless your from Westboro Baptist in which case you become the laughing stock of the internet and most of the world.

They have a right to express there faith, but they do not have a right to infringe on the rights of others.

Kodoku

05-07-2013

Quote:
The land where I am not discriminated against for my faith in God.
Unless you believe in the 'wrong' God, like Muslims do.

Sayan1

05-07-2013

there are 2 things i hate on this world: christians, and egocentric americans.

JryiahSmurf

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
Unless you believe in the 'wrong' God, like Muslims do.

They have a right to express there faith in islam. And I have a right to express my faith in Jesus.

Jesus says that he is the only way, while Islam says Christians are unclean and to kill all infidels. Look at iran they kill our peaceful pastors all the time.

Anyways, this is not Iran. They are free to worship but not free to stone our peaceful missionary's.

JryiahSmurf

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan1 View Post
there are 2 things i hate on this world: christians, and egocentric americans.

You hate me for my faith in Jesus Christ?

JryiahSmurf

SheepOfChaos

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JryiahSmurf View Post
Separation of church and state is commonly misunderstood. It was to prevent the government from forming churches.

Obviously someones political beliefs are going to be influenced by there religious beliefs, this is not designed to prevent that.
Yeah, that's plainly wrong.

The separation of church and state was introduced to reduce the influence of the church, more specific the catholic church, on the state. Back in middle age cardinals and bishops had political power and influence and (ab)used these, ignoring their theological duties, etc.
This goes all up to the pope and the bishops voting for the current "Kaiser" of the "Holy Roman empire" (which covered nearly all of middle europe).

Well, conflicts between the church and the nobles as well as a lot of angry peasents led slowly to a revolution of the system , seperating state and church, which lead to the church not possesing any real political influence. The laws to regulate these all came during 19th-20th century in most countries of the world, since the problem was global.
Seeing as you are from the USA, you got your separation 1791. The cause for yours: baptists not allowing believers of other religions to work in "their cities".

Another solution was found btw. in england, where the king simply founded his own church and made himself the head of it, disowning all members of the catholic church and removing all of their power. And when the parlament took over the power, state and church were separated.

source: wikipedia, history books

Dryad Soraka

05-07-2013

aint real sweetie