How To Raise MMR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

White Widow

05-06-2013

So I was in Gold 1 getting 18-23 League Points per win.

I lost 5 games in a row the other day. It was just a bad day with people not connecting or trolling. I never dodged

I went down to 0 points so I quit for the day. The following day I continued to rank and every victory I was getting I was only receiving 3-5 points.

I made it up to 40 points but it was a struggle with receiving so little points.

I'm winning a lot more then I'm losing currently, So why am I still only getting 3-5 points?

It's going to be impossible to get 100 points at this rate.

Question - So how can I get back to winning 15+ League Points per win?

PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU!

White Widow

05-06-2013

bumPAAAAAAAAAAA

Heim

05-06-2013

You just need to keep winning. If you get a hotstreak it will probably start increasing your gains. I was gaining 3-5LP in division 1 at around the 0-50LP mark. I won a couple games and started gaining 8, then 15, then 19-22. If you're winning 1 and losing 1 you're going to go nowhere.

AnEarAche

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimm View Post
You just need to keep winning. If you get a hotstreak it will probably start increasing your gains. I was gaining 3-5LP in division 1 at around the 0-50LP mark. I won a couple games and started gaining 8, then 15, then 19-22. If you're winning 1 and losing 1 you're going to go nowhere.
I don't think having a hot streak would change anything. I am currently in bronze 1 with 60LP, I just recently had a hot streak of 6 wins in a row, and my LP gain is still at 5-7 per game. It's really frustrating that there is not way to tell when you're going to get out of being clamped on your LP gain. I am also over the 50/50 win loss ratio.
A friend of mine was recently in B1, and was getting over 20+LP per win. We figured out a site to check our MMR, and mine is higher than his, and says that I am beyond the league that I am currently in, and he belonged in the league that he is in. Why am I getting clamped when he is not? It makes no sense.

Rounic

07-16-2013

like wise i was winnign only 5-10 lp a win and losing over 20+ a game now its kinda even but still a bit much

Dregen

07-16-2013

This happens if you lose a lot of games at division 5 0 lp. In your case though, you probably JUST got promoted to 1, won a couple, then lost a bunch, but since you were recently promoted, it didn't demote you to 2, it just stayed at 0 LP.

Basically, every time you lose a game and lose 0 lp for it, you get put into "debt", and eventually need to pay back that loss with a win. If you lose 5 in a row, then start winning 2, losing 1, winning 2, losing 1, it will take 13 games to pay your debt and get your lp unclamped. 13 games is a lot, and usually requires several days of play, so by that time you may have forgotten about your big losing streak and just think the system is rigged.

In my case, since this never happened to me, I'm gaining 27-33 LP for a win, and -15 for a loss. This is because I never went on losing streaks after getting a promotion, so my mmr rose higher than the division could keep up. If I go on a big losing streak though, the lp gains will eventually equalize.

The TL;DR of this is basically, if you go on huge losing streaks without losing any LP for it, you're bascially forced to spend the next few games making up for it. No loss is ever "free".

Brenan008

07-16-2013

Win games, raise MMR

Thé Noob

08-13-2013

my friend was at 96 lp and gaining very few per game, so he asked me to dou with him to help him get to promotion. After he won his first game he only got 2 lp putting him at 98 lp, so we played another one and won again but this time he only got 1 lp staying at 99. Not willing to give up we played yet another one but after this win he got 0 lp and stayed at 99 lp not getting his promo. HOW DAFAK DOES THIS MAKE SENCE

xuthan

08-13-2013

Playing in duo gets you less LP and makes you lose more LP. When I used to duo, I was only gaining 10LP and lost 20. When I go solo I get 25-30LP and lost around 3-10LP. I shouldn't have went duo during the placement matches with bronze 4 players...so sad. Now I'm stuck in bronze 1 getting into a series after 2 wins and getting trolled 3 games straight only to be cycled over and over again... forever bronze 1. I really don't know how to manage games when the team is going 2-15 by the 5 min mark. I keep on playing only to get stomped by the enemy then hear them say "why you still trying, your team is fcked"... then we lose and the only thing that makes me feel slightly better is the honors from the enemy team.

Mattmastter

08-19-2013

Get lucky and get teams that don't feed, raise mmr.