Best All-Purpose Rune Set for ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PHoToS999

05-06-2013

Hi, newer player strapped for IP with all the awesome champs I want to buy, so I'd like to know what you guys think is the best "All-Purpose" Rune Set.

PrincessDerpy

05-06-2013

There is no best single page because you at least need something different to slot into reds/quints per type of champ.

Eddy01741

05-06-2013

flat armor yellows, flat mr blues.

Prob just AD reds and quints for AD based champions and AP +mpen quints/reds for others.

But really though, the most important part is the flat armor yellows and flat mr blues.

Jmbomb1

05-06-2013

for 2 run pages

ap quints
magic pen reds
armor yellows
mr per level

ad quints
ad reds
armor yellows
mr per level

nidalee cheese

ap everything
use clarity
start blasting wand dorrans ring

W1N

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDerpy View Post
There is no best single page because you at least need something different to slot into reds/quints per type of champ.
rofl no you dont, what a ridiculous statement, sure some champs are better with siome stuff vs others but you can have a all purpose rune set for sure, personally i have a few runes pages for either ad or ap and if there a tank the only differance is red is either armor pen or magic pen, both are good for anyone period, if you do damage and have no pen you do crapp damage so these runes help alot, yellow flat armor, scaling magic resist for blue and red of either armor pen or magic pen(i have armor pen/magic pen runes for guys like jax) so if the Op wanted to he can have Armor pen/Magic pen combo runes(0.8 armor 0.5 Mpen per rune) armor flat runes.MR Scaling runes and HP quints and play any champ in the game and still be viable.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHoToS999 View Post
Hi, newer player strapped for IP with all the awesome champs I want to buy, so I'd like to know what you guys think is the best "All-Purpose" Rune Set.
you can buy the armorpen/magic pen combo runes/Armor yellow(flat)/Magic Resisit Scaling for blue and HP for quints and play anyone in the game, no matter the champ they do either magic or physical damage, so the armorpen and magic runes will be a good way for you to have 1 runeset and have good damage utput no matter the champ you play, i have this for Jax and i always forget it on other champs and i dont notice till after game.also dont listen to anyone who tell you to stack AD, Armor pen is more expensive but way stronger in game.

Warrrrax

05-07-2013

ARAM runes aren't really appreciably different from any other mode.

As stated yellow is still armor or health. Armor is the most standard. Blue is almost always Magic resistance. Flat MR is a bit nicer though I still use scaling. Its not ideal but its what Ive got. Some might consider CDR if they expect a build that leaves them 6% shy on maxed CDR. (i.e. an Athenes, plus a 10% item such as DFG, Locket,Sweeper,etc)
Red is usually a magic penetration or armor penetration for the great majority of champs.

Quints might vary a bit but are usually more Apen, Mpen. Movespeed is an option for certain champs though not as important.

But for general purpose the Penetration, Armor, MR, more Pen works fine.

Random Shards

05-07-2013

As someone who played alot of ARAM and then made an ARAM Smurf, I went with very simple runes, that would be cheap and applicable to every champ. The only color runes I bought 2 sets of was reds.

Arp or Mpen Reds
Armor Yellow
MR Blue
Move Speed Quints.

I also considered Health quints, but decided I wanted to try MS. I have been having good success with these runes, they are always useful, and the MS is really nice early on and for dodging skill shots.