Excessive culture of KD ratio praising

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The12thDimension

05-06-2013

Isn't the point of Summoner's rift to take out the enemy Nexus? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who see's that. I feel the praise of KD ratio's is becoming excessive. LOL is not a death match game. Ofcourse I agree, kills/getting killed are an important factor to consider.

For example I just played a game where I was mid. I had single handedly taken out all 3 turrets in the mid, during the laning phase, without a single bit of help from my team, all while keeping my 3 turrets up. Admittedly the first of my turrets was down to 10% and was taken out very shortly after. None the less, at one point there mid lane was turret less while ours had all 3. Again, this was without a single teammate even popping in for a few seconds.

You would think this would be a celebrated achievement, would you not? Well, I would. I mean the mid lane is by far the most important lane and I had cleared the entrance into their base.

But no my KD score was 0/7/0. As a result I was the recipient of endless amounts of flaming and abuse. Despite the fact at least half of those deaths where a result of ganks from other lanes not calling there MIA's (Although I can't deny my lack of warding, brazen over extension and recklessly balls deep approach despite being squishy was also a significant contributor)

After the match I was told by all 4 members that they where going to report me for feeding. My final score was 0/12/9 (we did end up winning I might add). Mostly as a result of the fact that once my score had hist about 4 deaths my team began constantly flaming me and refusing to cooperate, not helping in team fights, not supporting/aiding etc just basically forsaking me as they decided they didn't like me 'cause i was a noob troll'

My real issue is the fact that this sort of attitude is officially supported. All the HUD's display kills and don't make mention of turrets or general team progress. Further the tribunal report will clearly state my KD score but not my actual contribution to the team.

I have found this attitude and these incidents not at all uncommon, this was just one example.

What are the thoughts of this forum?

Poisonpowder

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The12thDimension View Post
But no my KD score was 0/7/0. As a result I was the recipient of endless amounts of flaming and abuse. Despite the fact at least half of those deaths where a result of ganks from other lanes not calling there MIA's (Although I can't deny my lack of warding, brazen over extension and recklessly balls deep approach despite being squishy was also a significant contributor)?
You literally just admitted that you were the reason that you died 7 times.
Better yourself before trying to better others.

I play blind

05-06-2013

so you **** over your lategame and sidelanes to take 3 towers?

The12thDimension

05-06-2013

Yes, it was my fault I died. It was also my solo achievement that look down every single turret in mid lane. Did you even read what I wrote?

I did not **** over the side lanes. At no point was I gone long enough for them to get ganked my enemy mid as I usually died with my minions pressed up against there lane. Nor did the side lanes have to or did they step into mid lane at any point in the game

The12thDimension

05-06-2013

My late game was mostly terrible because my team refused to cooperate with me. They openly said in chat that they where going to let me die in team fights.

WC3betterthanSC

05-06-2013

kd is everything

if you have high kd you chances of winning doubles

Uiraya

05-06-2013

While he could have played more conservatively, the thrust of his argument is correct. It's quite possible for a teammate who is performing "poorly" to still contribute a lot to a team's success, through warding, call making, split pushing, etc. Is the enemy team being up seven kills worth a bare mid inhibitor? (More like, mid and jungler, and he's not worth much gold at that point either.)
~Uiru

The12thDimension

05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC3betterthanSC View Post
kd is everything

if you have high kd you chances of winning doubles
This is only one strategy. It is not the only one.
Side lanes failed to take out any turrets throughout the entire game. Except for once by us in bot (someone backdoored late game) and the same by the enemy in top. I say if it wasn't for my early game, we may not have won.

If your inhib is bare and you failed to take out any turrets. What do you think this does to your chances of winning?

Maximum Can

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2013

If the 'point' of the game was to destroy the nexus then you should have all 5 of your teammates pick tanky ranged characters and all go mid to push.

Forget about dragon, buffs, farming, or even Baron, gotta kill those towers. Gotta get that nexus man.

Xordan

05-06-2013

Yes, tower pushes are more important than a couple kills. But SEVEN deaths is excessive. Just because you lock in 3 towers early doesn't mean you'll do well late. The seven deaths you gave for free could've given them an easy come back victory.

12345 ... 6