Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top lane champions

Rengar 241 9.61%
Kha Zix 228 9.09%
Darius 420 16.74%
Riven 530 21.12%
Jayce 409 16.3%
Elise 193 7.69%
Fiora 260 10.36%
Any other champion (Comment) 780 31.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 2509 .

Best top lane champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enconex

05-13-2013

I personally think jax is VERY underrated and due to laziness i'm going to just copy/paste what I said about him in another thread.

I truly think people underestimate jax as a champion, or maybe it's just i'm so far ahead in individual skill than my laner/some combination of both. In my past 13 games as jax I have consistently killed my opponent before level 5 EVERY time except one where I was forced to jungle and didn't do so hot (6/9/5). The champions I faced? A singed, 2 pantheons, 2 rivens, a lissandra (lol), a zed, a kennen, a kha'zix (got him at lvl 2), garen, elise, and xin zhao. Hows that for a supposedly horrible early game? Whether or not I get 1-5+ kills on my opponent usually depends on the enemy jungler (such as the game I went 1/1/1 after killing garen at level 4 bc jarvan camped me to no end).

From personal experience I can also say that the only champions I struggle against are a singed who knows what hes doing, a REALLY good elise (have yet to lose to her), and from what I can tell kayle (although I have never faced her).

If you wish to know how I kill people so early its from being really aggressive and doing this thing I like to call the "ghost trick" which has really just worked from people not being prepared for it. Basically you let your opponent push to your tower (while still CS'ing) and then when they reach it at level 2-3 you E/Q stun them followed by ghost + ignite as you chase them to their tower. I'll warn you now and tell you it does not work against everyone and I usually find some other way for those champions such as pantheon and riven. Although by simply keeping up with your opponent all the way to 6 you will start to beat virtually every champ in the game.

Anyways, off to gold I go with jax!

P.S: JAX BEATS ALL!

1337Kn

06-11-2013

Yorick > Everything else. Yorick is carrying me to Diamond.

Mirrimax

06-11-2013

why do people come on here and ask for the auto win top champ, or anyother lane? do they not realize that there is no single champ that wins games, it comes down to ur team the enemy team and every other variable that lol has to offer, stop making stupid threads about the one champ, there is no NEO in this game.

Direfury

06-11-2013

You get lots of different suggestions from a topic like this, whos to say the OP isn't picking a top 3 of the best suggestions posted?

cmale123

06-11-2013

i not very great at top but i did couple kat 'so far killed RENEKTON, xin jax, and joyce. i fail against a tryn and olaf but i think can do better if gotten second try. i go kat top sometime bec i needed switch with my top due to i have been counter or just feel like play kat only.

Caius Cosades

06-11-2013

Actually, I would say situationally you can go Irelia or Renekton and beat anyone.

Lore2

06-13-2013

There is no best top lane champion. I however recommend that you try fiora as she is free this week and is a monster if played right.

theregoesmywenis

06-13-2013

If you've heard the Yorick joke you know who is the best top laner... But in all honesty he does have counters such as trundle and Nunu. But still, Yorick ftw.

Aamon2500

06-14-2013

Yorick, Singed and Jayce. Yorick is a lande bully. Singed is a farming beast. Jayce just pokes you away from the farm.

SoL Mike

06-14-2013

loves to play singed, doesn't put on poll.